tjbuk

Advice on Parking charge

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2502 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been doing some research but wouldn't mind some feedback.

I parked my car at my student halls car park without a permit(haven't bothered to buy one just park my car on the road),

I don't usually park there but was unloading shopping and left it there for a while,

i forgot about it being parked there, and yes ended up receiving a parking charge from county parking who enforce the car park on behalf of the UNI.

The charge is £50 if paid within 14 days.

Since no one else parks there hardly and I am a student that lives there,

i think £50 is a disproportionate amount to charge, since they have not lost any revenue and I do live in the building.

Plus in their charge letter they say i've entered into contractual terms and conditions which is drawn to the attention of the user by the sign at the entry to the car park.

Now then there is a sign but it doesn't display the terms and conditions,

it just says you need to get a permit to park here,

failure to do so may result in a parking charge,

it doesn't say anything about agreeing to enter a contract once you enter the car park.

I want to send a letter asking them to justify the £50 and stating there is no clear sign displaying the contract,

and don't contact me again! Good idea or shall i just ignore/pay etc?

Ah !, the sole reason that brought me this website, in the 1st place.

A Parking Charge Notice, is not a parking ticket....... it's an invoice!!

A disputed one at that .... ignore it!

They will send you some poorly worded threats, using lots of "May", and "Could", within their letter.

Depending on the company, 3, maybe 4. Ramping up the pressure each time.

Ignore them, they will stop, eventually!!