York

Natwest - Bank Charges Not refunded - Only £100 for delay in reply - What to do next?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Afternoon all,

After running into difficulties in 2009 I had a DD paid when no funds were in the account and no overdraft in place. Then had charges and interest on top. Eventually resulted in CCJ by Fredrickson International, Natwests Collection agents of £884.79 + £147 charges + 1031.79 as I was not in a position to repay.

I sent an SAR to Natwest who sent all of the information back to me.

I sent a letter requesting the charges for unpaid DD, unauthorised OD fees on 01/04/2012, total of £902.81 + £205.38 for interest I was unfairly deprived of - total £1108.19, this being more than the CCJ amount.

I received four letters dated 13/04, 11/05, 30/05 and 29/06 saying thank you for my patience, they were still looking into the matter and that they would be in touch by a set date.

I then got a response on 19/07/12 saying sorry about my complaint but that the bank had acted correctly in levying the charges and that they had decided not to uphold my complaint, they enclosed a cheque for £100 for the length of time taken to respond. Then saying that was the final response to my complaint and that I have the right to refer my complaint to FOS and that I would need to do within 6 months.

Is the Financial Ombuudsman Service a viable route to proceed?

If so how do I go about it?

Thanks

New to posting - looking for some help here!

For charges on a current account fos are almost certainly going to side with the bank, especially after the Supreme Court ruling on bank charges.

What reasons did you give for believing the charges should have been refunded?

There really are ony two options for bank charges these days, a) existing financial hardship and b) BCOBS for charges added after that came into force in late 2009.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

That I had not been treated fairly during a time when I was in financial hardship due to my company going into liquidation, Natwest paid two direct debits from the account when there were insufficient funds, which then resulted in charges upon charges at a time when I was unable to fetch back in credit. Bank in 2009 I spoke to someone at Natwest who said they would look into stopping the charges but this never happened.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I have been guided in the direction of this thread with regards to refund of bank charges due to being unfairly treated at a time when I was in financial difficulty.

The charges were from May 2008 - May 2010, will I be able to pursue via the BCOB route if the majority of the charges were before the end of 2009 when I understand the BCOB's came into force?

Thanks

I've moved your post from the BCOBS thread back here so that everything to do with this case is in this one thread.

You didn't mention that you were going for charges in 2008. BCOBS came into effect in November 2009 and was not retrospective so I think that you will have trouble getting those charges older than November 2009 back.

You may be successful under BCOBS for charges incurred after November 2009.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions