Txt loans/advantis dca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi caggers

Need a little help with these bottom feeders. Recieved a phone call at work from these bottom feeders regarding an outstanding balance of £247.00. I phoned them to agree a discounted settlement figure as I did not agree with it being that much.

I got a settlement figure of £ 160 that I agreed to pay in two instalments and I requested that this be sent out in writing b4 i pay anything. The date of the first payment came and went and I paid nothing as I did not receive any letter of agreement from them. I then received a letter in the post stating legal action or a doorstep visit. I telephoned Advantis and advised them that no letter had been received and I repeated that if I did not receive a confirmation letter of our agreement, then no monies would be paid. The representitive said that it is not their practice to send out confirmation letters and refused to do so. He then put the phone down on me.

Any suggestions on my next move please

• 4 weeks later...

I am in much the same position with these idiots. They call and call, I have spoken to them a couple of times and the figure that we agreed on is fine, but they will not put it in writing, and say that it is their policy not to do so. So Am basically waiting now until either they change their policy or it gets passed on to someone else.

Before mine was with Advantis it was with Equidebt, who did actually send out an agreement in writing, but somehow they bounced it back to Txtloan and then onto Advantis the exact week that the first payment was due to be made. I wonder who it will go to next in the cycle?

Hi

Advantis do not often send out information in writing, more so because they cannot cope with the shear requests they receive.

Whereas I agree this is a poor policy, I would recommend you send the payment discussed along with a covering letter stating it is the first payment of an arrangement agreed with X agent on X date.

Put a clause in the letter that if they bank the cheque then its their acceptance of the agreement.

I would highly doubt that they would rescind on the arrangement on this basis.

Advantis also have limited capability to conduct visits. They receive commission on debt they collect, and therefore its not in their interest to lay out on this expense. They also have a limited time to get a payment on the account before it has to be sent to another DCA.

Send them an email at admin@advantiscredit.com asking for it in writing if your desperate.

Regards

CO