Phone harrassment.

Vampyra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't been here for sometime, so hello to anyone who remembers me.

I sorted out most of my debts but it appears 2 are still causing trouble. I am not sure which 2 at this point because I moved a couple of years ago and don't have the details to hand - stuff still in boxes!

However, they have tracked me down and my other half isn't too happy about it. I am starting to get silent calls again and they have sent me 2 letters addressed to me in different ways - i.e. Mrs Vam Pyra and Mrs V A M Pyrya so I guess they relate to 2 different accounts. The letter says they have reason to believe I live at this address and would I please telephone them and if I don't they will continue to contact me at this address and keep this address on file.

I am on sickness benefits as I cannot work and I am very worried about this spiralling out of control with the OH as he will always pass the phone to me if someone asks for me. We do not see eye to eye on these things and he believes I should deal with it.

I need some help to stop them ringing and really get them off of my back. Trouble is I can't ask for a CCA or SAR wiithout admitting I live here.

Wish I hadn't had to get on the electoral roll now :(

Hi I can only suggest two thing

1, send the do not phone me in writing only letter.

2, get a Truecall I purchased one when I was getting loads of pest calls from PPI claims advisers etc. You can just press the # key the call is interupted and a do not call message read out then the call dropped and that number then blocked by Truecall.

I still have this on my phone stops all unwanted marketing calls etc.

dpick

The letters sound like a phishing trip to me so ignore them until you get one from the company thats chasing you. Ignore the phone calls too and just tell your OH you can't deal with whatever it is until you know what its all about. Once you know what the debt is for you can send a SAR request and the 'do not call me' letter from the CAG library

They are not joint debts but I thought the CRA's actually score the address as well so someone with good credit can get turned down if they live in a home that has a bad debtor or has previously had a bad debtor living there. Don't know if that still exists?

It has not gone on a shared address for many years.

He can check his credit file if he wants to. You will be named if you have been connected and he can request that it is removed if you are actually not connected.

A joint account connects you, living in the same house does (should) not.

Correct, a credit file is attached to the person not the address, common myth that an address can be blacklisted, it can't.

As for the silent calls, this is illegal and they are liable to be fined, not tens, but hundreds of thousands of pounds, so report them to Ofcom and have them fined https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/webflow/silent-calls/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you can afford one, definitleyu get a Truecall machine. Thanks to this machine no DCA has got through to me on the phone in 3 years. The phone doesn't even ring, as Truecall recognises the number and blocks it before that. So your OH wouldn't even know they were trying to call.

Life is so much easier with this machine . As companies just keep calling no matter how often you report them or ask them to stop. You can also use the call log print out as evidence of their harassment if making a complaint. Mine was £60, so over past 3 years has been a real bargain.