BankFodder BankFodder

Bill Smith

Kwik Fit - Dubious sales techniques

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So, today I had a puncture on the motorway, managed to get the spare on and drove straight to Kwik Fit at Manor Royal in Crawley, which is just a few yards from my work..

Several things happened that are obviously dubious, and repeated thousands of times all over the web where Kwik Fit is concerned.

1. The sales guy tried to quote for new tyres even before he inspected the flat one.

2. When he did look, he pointed out hairline cracks that were found to be superficial by the Mercedes garage.

3. He said both back tyres needed replacing

4. He then checked the front tyres, of which I had to let him down on a sale by telling him they had been replaced two days ago with its new MOT !

5. The price quoted to replace was £384 , this is TWICE as much as any other garage, including Guy Salmon Jaguar just meters away.

6. The two rear tyres were subsequently inspected and found both to be repairable.

So, its very probable that they wont take any notice of this complaint, or even respond, so, in one weeks time I will post this email to all 7000 employees of the company I work for, warning them, although, the ones I have spoken to already are well aware of just these issues first hand with Kwik Fit.

Its no wonder Kwik Fit Crawley (Manor Royal) has no cars in for repair...

Hi Bill,

We will indeed take notice and we would very much like to speak to you about it.

But given there are personal details involved, please could you email me at kwikfitwebcare@kwik-fit.com?

Kind regards,

Andy