style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

I am hoping for some help with a PPI calculation please, I have looked at a lot of previous threads but none seem to cover my point.

I have been told by Barclays that I have a claim from 2004-2008 (not upheld as yet, still waiting)

This is my problem, the claim is on a 25k remortgage i took out with them, however i sold the house after 4 years(2008) and settled with Barclays.

During the loan period I broke my leg and had a claim, they tell me this amounted to almost 4k, this seems about right.

I have no details of the loan as iv'e moved house 4 times since 2008, and no idea of how much PPI i paid to them.

Is there a way to work it out roughly? the remortgage was over 15 years and i recall paying circa £260 a month.

I know i wont be able to get any exact figures on this, but iv'e tried google for an average PPI amount on the above figures and came up dry.

Also on completion of the loan (when the sale went through) would i have paid Barclays the PPI for the full original term? or would they automatically adjust it on the sale date?

Apologies for the vague post, any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Murph

send them a SAR to get all your previous statements

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Hi Clint

I will do that, their 40 days is up on the 27th of Dec, i'm going to wait until then anyway to see if they uphold my claim or not.

I'm just being a bit impatient, and was wondering if there's a ballpark way of working it out.

Cheers

Thread moved to the PPI forum.

You will have to await the SAR response. Did you request a copy of the agreement with the SAR or do you by any chance have the figures from it?

It won't be possible to work out any meaningful figures until you have more data.

In the meantime, have a read of No.1 in my signature which will prime you on how to calculate the amount due back when you get the relevant base information.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

I haven't yet sent a SAR, I went into the branch and they phoned the claim dept for me, they said I have a case and sent me out an form to fill in.

My 40 days aren't up until the end of this month, so I don't know if they are even upholding my claim yet.

I know my question is a very broad one, sorry about that.

I just thought there may be a way to put a ballpark monthly % of how much PPI i would of been paying on 25k over 15 years @ £250 a month.

And also whether or not they would have taken the full PPI premium upon the sale or adjusted it at the time of the house sale.

Sorry one last question, I see there are 2 methods for PPI, single payment and another, is there a set one for remortgages or can it just depend on the deal sold to me?

Regards Murph

What 40 days are you talking about?

For a PPI complaint the lender has 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final decision.

The calculation will depend on the deal sold to you. Some mortgages have a single premium added at the start and which is repaid in equal monthly instalments. Others have a separate policy which runs alongside the mortgage and is paid by way of a separate payment each month.

From what you have said thus far it seems that this one may be a single premium.

If you haven't done a SAR to them then I would say it would be a good idea. Add a line to the SAR letter to say that it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have ever had with them.

From the data that comes back you have a more realistic chance of calculating whether any offer they may make to you is correct.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Thanks a lot

Re The 40 days,

Barclays told me they have to reply to me with a decision within 40 days of my initial claim.

They have told me this several times now, and it was them who gave me the date of the 27th of Dec.

Thanks A lot for your replies.

Murph

I wouldn't trust Barclays at all.

They may indeed reply by 27th i.e. 40 days but they have 8 weeks so don't be disappointed of they don't let you have the decision by then.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I did phone them a few days ago as my cousin put in a claim about 1 week before me, and hers has been settled.

They told me it's still with the decision makers.

Holds breath and awaits the powers that be.

Hehe

Good luck.

Please do keep us updated if you would.

:thumb:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi All

I posted the "complicated ppi" thread earlier this week, I have since contacted Barclays who have a revised system now in place.

Their new policy says they can discuss claims and figures over the phone now, they have told me that my claim has been upheld and is now with the calculation team :) and if I call back Tues/Wed they may be in a position to give me a figure over the phone.

I have very limited information on my loan so I apologize for the sketchyness of the next question........but

I took a mortage with Barclays for 45k in 1999

I then used what they called a "mortgage resevre" of 9k

And I then took a remortgage of 25k in 2004 (this is where Barclays say I have a claim from)

I moved out of the house in 2008 and remember paying circa 98k to Barclays as settlement (well the solicitor did)

so 45k + 9k + 25k =70k

Considering i paid 98k at the end of the house sale would this mean my PPI was all paid upfront?

Any help would be great , and any rough estimate of the amount I may be due would also be great.

Regards Murph

Two threads merged...please keep to this one thread for this Barclays issue.

You will need to await the SAR response since you would ideally need to see the agreement to establish how the PPI was put on to the account.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Cheers Ims

Sorry about making 2 threads, new here and couldn't find my initial thread.

Does the fact that I paid 98k at the sale of my house not indicate anything? It seems like quite a high end figure for the money borrowed.

Cheers

It would be pure speculation and guessing until more concrete data is available.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Guys

Can anyone help with some calculations please, I now have some figures from Barclays after I visited the branch.

My claim has been upheld, it runs from 2004 to 2008 and according to the branch I paid £104.00 per month in PPI payments.

Im not great with math, so if anyone could put a ballpark figure on this that would be great.

During the course of 2004-2008 I did claim on the insurance to the tune of £3900 I don't know if this matters, but thought I should mention it.

Regards Murph

There is still not enough information to go on.

Is the £104 per month including interest (if a singe premium PPI added at the start)?

Was it in fact a singe premium added to the loan?

What month and year did you start paying?

What month and year did you settle the account?

If a singe premium PPI was there any rebate given at settlement?

Or was the £104 a separate payment running alongside the loan?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi

The £104 was a separate payment, it started in Aug 2004 and I sold the house in Feb 2008

Barclays just confirmed that the £104 was the monthly PPI amount, the only thing i'm not sure on is if it was front loaded or not.

Cheers

As far as i'm aware I did not get any rebate, i'm 99.9% sure of this

If it's any help they gave me 2 monthly figures,

Mortgage fig £266 per month

Total payment per month £370

=£104 , they said this was for PPI

Edited by Murphy111

If it was a separate payment then it is not likely to be front loaded.

So you can use this spreadsheet.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Enter, as a list, each payment of £104 you paid giving the date and the amount. Set the "Claim To" date to today. The sheet will work out the figures for you.

Take the figure given by the spreadsheet and deduct the amount of the successful claim you had on the policy and the result should be what you get back.

This is provided the information you have given is correct.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Ims

do I have to manually put £104 in 48 times?

I can't find a way for it to auto fill between the dates.

Cheers

Just make one entry for each payment so yes, if you made 48 payments, on line for each.

You can of course cut a value and paste it into the other 47 cells.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

ok thanks

It gives a figure of £6,838.18 is there anything else I need to add? Iv'e seen some reference on this form to a compensation payment by the Bank on top of any figures, The above figure does not take into account the payment Iv'e already had.

cheers

Hi

It gives an end figure of £6,838.18 this does not take into account any claim I have already made, do I need to add anything else? Iv'e seen

reference to a compensation amount on top the the banks pay, is there a set % for this or is it dependent on the bank/situation?

Does this figure sound right, as I say i'm not sure i,ve done it correctly

cheers

ooops sorry, didn't mean to reply twice, thought the first one had got lost.

Post up the spreadsheet.

If you have entered 48 payments of £104 with the relevant dates of payment then the sheet will have worked out the 8% compensation.

You now need to deduct the amount you claimed under the policy.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Bottom of a message box -> "Go Advanced" -> "Manage Attachments" -> "Add Files" ->"Select Files"

Navigate your PC and select the file you want to upload.

Hit "Upload Files"

When the file has uploaded then hit "Insert Inline"

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions