someone please give advice for large catalogue debts

vonny1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Bazooka Boo it is a long read but I keep getting different opinions and not sure what to go with. So your saying that if I made lowlife a small monthly offer they would have to accept it? I put in my last letter to them that the account was in dispute with Shop Direct and shouldn't of been sold to them but they didn't mention that in their reply. Yes they own the debt I had a letter of consignment. I will await there next letter and send the account in dispute letter and you think I should do that with Shop Direct also?. Sorry Brigadier, it was a photo copy of a blank credit agreement on one corner of an A4 peice of paper and someone had written my name and address on it in ball point pen. No other info was on it. Thanks all.

STOP!!

Do not make any offer off the back of that alleged agreement it does not satisfy a CCA request as a proper copy or a reconstituted copy as far as I can tell from what you say.

Lowell are trying to as dx would say SPOOF you!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi been over a year since I was last on here

. Received a few letters from Lowell asking for payment of the debt ,

in the last one they said they would except half the debt!

. I received a letter from them this morning stating that the debt had now been given to Fredrick International and they will be pursuing me for the debt.

Are Fredrick part of Lowell and do I need to write to them or just ignore???

Many thanks..

Yes Fredrick is part of Lowells.

Sounds like they are not confident in gaining payment. Perhaps they can't get hold of documents or there is a problem making it easy for you defend.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No Lowell couldn't produce an original cca and the account was opened prior to 2007. The account was already in dispute with the catalogue so should never of been bought by Lowell in the first place. Should I put that in my cca request to fredrickson, that it's already in dispute and I have an offer from Lowell for half the amount? Many thanks.

No Lowell couldn't produce an original cca and the account was opened prior to 2007. The account was already in dispute with the catalogue so should never of been bought by Lowell in the first place. Should I put that in my cca request to fredrickson, that it's already in dispute and I have an offer from Lowell for half the amount? Many thanks.

Not sure it is worth it. What if this time they find a copy of the original CCA ! They only have to supply a reconstituted version to comply with a CCA request.

Up to you really. Whether you want to spend £1 for the request plus postage and they provide a CCA which starts communications with them.

They pass it on to Freds because a debtor thinks things are being escalated and it moves it in to other accounts. I have my suspicions that DCA hold a lot of their accounts offshore to limit taxes paid.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What do you mean ' it moves it into other account's?. So do you think telling me it's now with fredrickson is just a scare tactic and I should just ignore them? If Lowell haven't bothered taking me to court and offered reduced amount, is it unlikely fredrickson will go any further?, thanks.

What do you mean ' it moves it into other account's?. So do you think telling me it's now with fredrickson is just a scare tactic and I should just ignore them? If Lowell haven't bothered taking me to court and offered reduced amount, is it unlikely fredrickson will go any further?, thanks.

Lowells group will have many different accounts set up to administer debts. They bought Freds awhile ago and they are no different to Lowell. In my opinion it is a signal they have lost confidence in being able to enforce the debt and perhap think it is worth trying the Freds side of the business. I.e a new name just in case some worry. But nothing different, no escalation.

So what will freds be able to do any different from Lowell?. Should I send them the account in dispute letter? Many thanks

No. Changing the name of the DCA obviously works, which is why yourself and others post to CAG worried after receiving letters.

Up to you whether you send letters. I would not bother to waste postage.

Ok so in your opinion if Lowell haven't started court proceedings after over a year, freds won't bother either? Just want my mind put at rest, thanks so much.

Very unlikely.

But you can never rule it out 100%. Always check post. DCA's do use debt chasing Solicitors to issue court claims on a bulk basis and you would not want a default CCJ because you had not opened an envelope from a court. We have seen people end up with CCJ's for statute barred debts because they were ignoring post. They then have to muck around with set asides.

Ok, so as long as none of the letters are to do with court (aside from the obvious threats about it) just ignore!!! Thanks.

It is I guess, ok to ignore by not responding unless it looks as though things are getting heavy.. it is not ok to ignore by not actually opening the mail !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi been over a year since I was last on here

. Received a few letters from Lowell asking for payment of the debt ,

in the last one they said they would except half the debt!

. I received a letter from them this morning stating that the debt had now been given to Fredrick International and they will be pursuing me for the debt.

Are Fredrick part of Lowell and do I need to write to them or just ignore???

Many thanks..

It's a discount letter

Totally ignore them

Been going since 2012

Don't panic Mr mannering

Willy waving

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with dx. They know they can't do anything or they already would have. Ignore everything bar court papers

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D