Thewigster

advise needed re Halifax ERC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2503 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning all.In october a repossesion order was granted by county court for a house i owned. When we were at court the person representing halifax presented his figures to the judge (£81.203.20) which included in the particulars of claim "any adjustment for early settlement"I was given 56 days to vacate. Within this time period i managed to find a buyer, as i agreed a sale price of £87.500, which would cover the amount owing and leave me enough for moving costs etc.When my solicitors requested the final settlement fee, halifax decided to add £3669.40 in early repayment fees. When i questioned this, their reply was that in the terms and conditions etc, if i wish to settle my morgage at any point then a fee is payable.Having spoken to FSA and FOS i logged a formal complaint, and the findings by the F.O.S were that the figures were misleading, but could not recommend the halifax refund the full amount.Is it appropriate to use moneyclaim or would i be better off going back to the court that granted the possesion order?Thanks for any help in advance