jackiemdmc

Has anybody on here appealed the tribunal decision

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2496 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi just found out my tribunal refused my appeal, the paperwork said i can appeal to an upper tribunal on a point of law. What should i do? i've made an appointment for jsa because i dont think i could face going through this again :|

Hello there. I'm sorry to hear about your tribunal.

You almost seem to have answered your own question if you're thinking of JSA. As the letter says, you can only appeal to the upper tribunal if you think a point of law was missed, for instance. and not because you disagree with the decision.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You would need to ask the Tribunal service for a full statement of reasons and then take that to a legal advisor such as a solicitor knowledgeable in benefits law for them to ascertain whether the Tribunal has made an error in law. It is very rare for Tribunals to make errors so it is unlikely. As said above, you can't appeal a Tribunal decision just because you don't agree with the decision.

Also you don't get paid ESA while appealling to an upper tribunal, so you have to claim JSA unless your ESA WCA decision was more than 6 months ago - in which case you coukl reclaim ESA.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop