e.b.ryan

I need some help with dealing with my loan company

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2500 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am a new user and not very familiar with using forums.

I would appreciate some help or advice about the company I took a loan from. I have written to them twice asking for the details of the paper work for my loan,. I enclosed a cheque for £1 as directed by Martin Lewis' site and had all the correct account numbers and dates.

They have completely ignored both my letters.

What ought I to do?

I greatly appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Which company is it?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thank you so much for your quick reply. It is AA (as in Automobile Association rather than Alcoholics Anonymous)

Thread moved to correct forum.

Can you tell us the story please i.e. waht problems you are having, why you requested copies of the agreements etc. etc.?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi and thank you.

I sent the letters by recorded delivery but I haven't checked whether the cheque has been cashed - I suspect not.

I wrote to them as I took out a loan with them some years ago and I am as sure as I can be that I bought PPI with it and I wanted to check to see if I had grounds to reclaim it.

Eileen

The letter you sent was only to get a copy of your agreement. Have you checked to see if it was received? If it has print off a copy

I have the receipt with the tracking number but it's at home and I can't find the receipt for the second letter I sent.

I think I should send a third letter, enclosing copies of the two earlier ones and send it so that it is recorded delivery.

If they ignore that ought I to approach the Ombudsman?

Check the tracking number to see if it's delivered. Do you fully understand the point of a cca request. If you need to check everything you would need to SAR them.

Thank you for your reply. Please can you explain what a cca request is and a SAR?

Thank you for your reply. Please can you explain what a cca request is and a SAR?

CCA request is used to get a copy of the agreement or a reconstruction of it and is made under Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

SAR is a Subject Access Request to obtain personal data held in you. It is made under the Data Protection Act.

Templates for both are in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions