ebay/iqor debt

sibod2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i am after some advice on an ebay dispute which also involves the collection firm iqor.Any advice would be great.

i sold some collectible framed pictures to someone on ebay which fetched £4500.

When the buyer received these goods he complained to ebay that he wasnt satisfied with them and wanted a refund.

.ebay then stated for him to return the goods to me for a full refund, which i was totally fine with.

However after a couple of days ebay had refunded the buyer and requested i reimburse them BUT i had not reeceived my goods back,

i told ebay this but they said as a tracking number was provided they still wanted reimbursing.

Obviously i looked into this and contacted the courier(parcelforce) who confirmed that the goods had been sent to a different address

and not mine and provided me with the relevant documentation to prove this

..the signature on the tracking info was not even mine.

i contacted ebay and emailed them all this documentation

they rang me back saying they had also contacted parcelforce who confirmed to ebay that this evidence was correct.

The person who rang then told me because of this

she would be sending a request to ebays higher management for any reimbursement request to be cancelled due to the information i provided them.

That was 6 weeks ago and every time i ring up they tell me that the request has still not been approved..

.in the meantime iqor the collection agency contacted me saying i need to pay the balance in full.

.i explained to them the situation and said i would ring ebay immediatly to see what was happening

.,i did this and ebay once again confirmed the request had not been decide yet.

I then rang back iqor and told them this and they said they would put a hold on this issue for 2 weeks and see what happens

,that was 3 weeks ago and i have not heard back of them

i contacted ebay today and yet again no updates about my reimbursement cancellation.

So sorry about the long winded post but any advice on what i can do to finally get this resolved would be greatly greatly appreciated or what i should do next?

Thank you

well i wouldn't panic about IQOR

they are a DCA they are NOT bailiffs

and have NO legal powers.

it would be better if you now got something in writing.

you ideally should never converse about yor debts on the phone

and cetainly never with a dca.

if it were me

i'd be push parcelfarce for wrong delivery compensation.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for replying,

i have emails from ebay stating that the request for cancellation is still with the higher management(whover these are)

,i want to sort it out properly as i have done nothing wrong and dont want my credit rating affected

.i have spoken to a solicitor and they have said if i have all the information that i say i have from parcelforce that they would send a formal

solicitirs letter to either ebay or iqor stating on the grounds of my evidence that they stop contacting me or request any monies off me.

I think it would be an excellent idea if the Solicitor were to write this letter. It would certainly pop Iqor back in their box and might make Ebay get their act together.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i agree but the to send that it will cost me £700 plus vat...scary

What !!! to send a letter ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What !!! to send a letter ?

Yes i was shocked too,they were the first people i have rang so may get cheaper options off other solicitiors if i rang round.i may end up having to do this to stop me losing out.if ebay or iqor say they are taking me to court could i just agree me and provide the evidence to the courts?

you do not need to do that at all

rip off!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well first of all dont bhother with solicitor if hes gonna charge £700 ! A reasonable non-city solicitor would charge prob £200 ph and a simple leytter should only be at max 30mins work, in any event a solicitors letter whilst carrying some weight doesnt actually mean anything.

I assume your Ebay account is now minus £4500 ?, this is a large sum, Ebay/Igor/Paypal disputes happen all the time and the general advice is iognore because Iqor have no powers and soon give up and dont bother with legal action..BUT as this is a large sum perhaps they would follow it through ?, in any event it appears you have satisfied all the requirements of the T&C's, although its not clear what the chain of events should be, I believe it should be the sender who re-imburses you and chases Parcelforce for any loses..but I doubt whether they would pay yp £4500..(dont know how much they cover upto) but if the sender didnt adequately insure than its his tough luck.

Of course ignoring may mean you cant use Ebay/Paypal any more, if this bothers you it may be possible for you to start legal action, when actually challanged in court..Ebay/Paypal are often unsuccesful.

It may be worth saying to Iqor, ok then, bring it on...also as legal action is threatented you could write to them following the CPR general pre-action protocols, this will show them you are serious and you could ask to see their evidence and why they think you owe the £4500 ?. See here > http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct

Andy

Andy

hi thanks for all the advice

Andy,i think it may be the case in the end that i either ingnore iqor or go down the legal route with them and use the protocol u posted and provide the courts with my evidence.All this even though ebay are still telling me that they have requested that the monies i owe be cancelled and is waiting approval(after 6 weeks).

If i ignore iqor would it affect my credit rating as this is a worry to me also?

Its just so hard to get a straight answer from ebay every time i call and iqor have contacted me once where i told them the situation and they told me they would put the issue on hold for 2 weeks..I have not heard from them since.

as ebay is a foriegn back [well paypal]

i dont think it gets on your cra file anyhow.

IQOR are all hot air anyhow.

dx

and they

thanks for the replies,

i would simply ignore them if i was for sure it would not go on my credit file beacuse i think ebay know have got a stonewall case against them and are just trying to brush it off.

.if it will affect my credit file i will happily go down the legal route with ebay/iqor and put my case to the courts.

Well..I believe the Ebay T&C's were changed to allow them to affect your credit rating, but I'm unaware of them ever having done this, it would no doubt just add further disputes as you can challange credit agencies if you think data is not correct....would b e worth keep an eye on your credit files though.

I note that others with similar disputes have sometimes eventually got a resolution with Ebay but it involved lots of correspondence, sometimes communicating with Ebay/Paypal is like hitting your head against a brick wall.

Andy

Well i spoke to ebay today and their higher management have apparantly declined the request for reimbursement to be cancelled on the basis that it is not ebays fault that the courier got the wrong address. Obviously i was angry and said that its not my faulot either and theres more than enough evidence to show wrong delivery address and the person iv spoke to has promised me their supervisor willl call me back tomorow once she has looked over the case again and i can talk to her.

I suspect that they will just wash there hands of it and let iqor deal with it,who rang me again yesterday.What course of action should i take now guys?

When idiot iQor ring you, laugh and hang up, they have absolutely nothing to do with this issue whatsoever, ignore them and tell them to jog on.

Get an address you can write to for ebay then start to get a paper trail of evidence, discussing this over the phone, unless your recording it, is fruitless.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for the advice iv got all my emails from them still and also got the documents from parcelforce which shows it wasnt delivered to my address and someone elses signature.

I will happily ignore iqor im just worried it could affect my credit rating?

and also the guy said yesterday if ebay do still decide against me that the balance would still be payable

and that if it was not paid then it would be passed on to their solicitors

and they will start legal proceedings and could recover the money by entering my property..is this allowed?

they guy was ok to be fair he just explained to me the worst case scenario.

Enter your property?? He may well have seemed OK, but he is not very wise, and certainly not very bright when it comes to consumer law.

It is highly unlikely this will ever see the inside of a court room, even if it did, you hold all the aces, you have the evidence that will go in your favour, so any puerile threat of court and bailiffs is bowlarks.

It is ebay who needs to be worried here, not you. And if this does appear on your credit file, then that in itself is another matter, and one where you will be able to sue them for defamation.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i thought he was trying it on to be fair when he mentione coming into my property.

.i think next time they call im just going to tell them i dont acknowledge the debt i have sufficient evidence as to why i do not owe this balance

and if u contact me again please do so in writing.

is that the right way to go?

thanks for the advice.

theres nothing on my credit file at the minute

Yes the correct way to deal with this is to simply tell them "Everything in writing" then hang up.

Keep an eye on your credit file, just in case, but I strongly doubt they would be so foolish as to throw away another grand.

agreed

enter your property

what a fool.

dx

and they

well ebay didnt bother ringing me back i am not going to contact them again im am just going to wait for iqor to get in touch and say to them i do not acknowledge this debt and will not be paying anything and that i have the evidence to back it up and ask them to contact me in writing if the want to speak to me and if they do i will write back stating the above and will send them the documentation from parcelforce and the tracking information to prove i have the evidence i say i have..and i guess just see what happens