Jump to content

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!


I would be grateful if I could have some advice on my current tenancy problem as follows:


We moved into our current property in March 2011 and paid a deposit of £800 to the landlord which was paid into the DPS scheme - we had some issues with the letting agent at that time and they eventually chose to back out leaving the landlord and ourselves to arrange the tenancy without their input (beyond doing the initial inspection).


We are now coming to leave the property and have logged into the DPS website to 'Request Repayment' as we've done in previous tenancies but this apparently isn't an option for us.


It turns out the problem letting agent has replaced the 'Tenant's Email Address and Contact Number' with her own and therefore has full control over whether or not we can reclaim the deposit. Furthermore the Repayment ID she supplied in her email copy of our deposit certificate is invalid as it seems she has deleted a digit before forwarding it on to us.


We have not had any contact with the agent since she backed out in March 2011 and due to the problems at that time think she will be difficult about allowing our deposit back (she has already said she wants our bank details/forwarding address before she'll even consider allowing repayment).


So I wondered:


Is it legal for her to change our contact details to hers and retain control of our money? (I didn't know if it was illegal/falsification of details)


If so do we have any legal right to demand our details be changed back?


Thank you for your help in advance



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The deposit protection is the LL responsability, therefore contact LL to resolve and make claim through LL.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...