Final demand letter from Thames Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One week ago I moved in a flat which I am going to leave by January as the house is going to be sold, Today I received this letter:

The Landlord is unwilling to pay this bill and says that before moving in we agreed that I would be paying all bills except council tax. What should I do in this case? Should I write Thames water that it is unlawful to disconnect the supply as the property is occupied??

Did you agree to pay a bill that you did not run up ? Whose name is on the Bill ?

How can you be expected to pay for a bill dated October, when you only moved into the flat in December ?

Almost certainly you expect to pay for the utitlities you use.. so a genuine percentage of any bill from last week till the end of your tenancy is expected and proper. But this bill is for the Landlord or previous tenant and NOT you.

You might want to have a word with Shelter - they will be able to advise on this for you.

I also understand that the Water Board are not permitted to disconnect this service.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Did you agree to pay a bill that you did not run up ?

I didn't.

Whose name is on the Bill ?

THE OCCUPIER

How can you be expected to pay for a bill dated October, when you only moved into the flat in December ?

I have no clue. But the fact is that the letter came today and it says that they will disconnect the supply if they don't receive the payment by 21.12.2012

Almost certainly you expect to pay for the utitlities you use.. so a genuine percentage of any bill from last week till the end of your tenancy is expected and proper. But this bill is for the Landlord or previous tenant and NOT you.

I agree. But I don't want to stay with no water during cold winter nights...

You might want to have a word with Shelter - they will be able to advise on this for you.

How can I do that?

I also understand that the Water Board are not permitted to disconnect this service.

Are you sure? I read somewhere that they can disconnect it under pretext that the property is unoccupied...

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

You will find the telephone number on their website.. linked above

I would suggest you telephone as soon as you can and ask for their advice on this.

Will you be paying rent on the property for the period of time you are staying there.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You will find the telephone number on their website.. linked above

I would suggest you telephone as soon as you can and ask for their advice on this.

thank you very much

Will you be paying rent on the property for the period of time you are staying there.

of course. I pay weekly into the landlord's account by cash.

by the way, it looks like the landlord doesn't want me to allow to live out the 2 weeks deposit - she wants me to pay every week and before I move out, may be on the very day of moving out she will give me my deposit back on condition that the property is the same as when I was moving in(not damaged etc..) the deposit is unprotected and there's no written agreement.

thank you very much

of course. I pay weekly into the landlord's account by cash.

by the way, it looks like the landlord doesn't want me to allow to live out the 2 weeks deposit - she wants me to pay every week and before I move out, may be on the very day of moving out she will give me my deposit back on condition that the property is the same as when I was moving in(not damaged etc..) the deposit is unprotected and there's no written agreement.

I think you need to let the Shelter Representative know all this.

BCOBS