BankFodder BankFodder

Alfie1992

Bannatynes - Not very helpful!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2593 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening all,Im new here and im looking for a bit of help.Ive been a member of Bannatynes gym for only about 14 days and I received some news a couple of days ago that I have lost my job. I now need to cancel my membership (only been to gym once). I called their head office to explain the problem and they didnt seem to care. They said i could transfer my contract to a friend but they could not cancel it. I have knowone interested in having this membership as everyone i spoke to have said how bad this company is with this sort of thing. What can i do? I dont just want to cancel my direct debit as i will end up having the debt collectors at my door.Can anyone see any light at the end of the tunnel with my problem? is there any way to cancel it without payings £££££££'s which i dont have?Thanks!

Hi Alfie and welcome to CAG

You need to read other threads here to see how other are dealing with their similar cases.

Have you read through the Terms and Conditions which govern you m/ship agreement, to see if anything is said there about unemployment. Please tell us what is said about this in the T&C's.

If you have to cancel the DD mandate to avoid them taking further payments which you can't afford, do so. They may argue about it and tell you it's against their rules, but tough.

You need to look after yourself and keep what little money you have for priority debts such as rent, mortgage, council tax, utility bills, etc.

You need to write to their Head Office by Recorded Delivery immediately telling them that you've just been made redundant and that you have to cancel your m/ship as you simply can't afford it. Confirm that you're cancelling the DD mandate and then cancel it by contacting your bank direct.

Let us know about the T&C's and also if they reply to your letter.

If they call you, simply tell them you will deal with this matter in writing only, then hang up.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick

thanks for the advise. going to go through my paperwork tomorroq and compose a letter like you said. Be a big help already by joining this forum. will advise what they say. !

Thanks again

Hi Alfie,

Keep the letter to the gym short.

If the T&C's mention unemployment, let us know as well.

Keep us informed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)