style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To be loved you also need to be loving

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

a smile costs nothing, nor do manners

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

In situations where, for example, someone was asking for an exorbitant amount of money for say a car, my Dad always used to say "He's nae feart o' the coo's gettin' hem"*.

*Translation: "That gentleman is not afraid of being attacked by cows". Before anyone asks, I haven't got a clue what being attacked by cows has to do with...well...anything actually.

Other baffling Scottish-isms include (from my Nan) "Crivvens!" and "Haelp mah boab! (Help my Bob)". To this day, I have no idea what either of those actually mean. I mean, who is Bob? Why does he need help??

Despite the fact that none of them make any sense to me at all, all of those expressions still make me smile. :oops:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

LG love them, here is another one

It's a bit black over Bill's mother's! no idea why Bill or why his mother!

as much use as a chocolate fire-guard

is your glass half full or is it half empty

is your glass half full or is it half empty

Technicly, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

"Crivvens" is also a saying from the "wee free men" in Terry Pratchett's "Discworld books for children" LG

Another saying that I'm fond of, when you ask if something works and the reply is "I hope so"... "Hope in one hand and s*&^ in the other. Lets see which hand gets full first"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Fur Coat and no knickers......................All show on the outside but no substance.

Do you think I came down the Clyde on a water biscuit ? ..............How gullible do you think I am ?

Face like a skelpt arse................Looks miserable (Face like a smacked bottom)

if you were any sharper you would be in the knife draw!

Other baffling Scottish-isms include (from my Nan) "Crivvens!" and "Haelp mah boab! (Help my Bob)". To this day, I have no idea what either of those actually mean. I mean, who is Bob? Why does he need help??

Most of those sayings were credited to 'Oor Wullie' star of a Scottish comic strip, a boy called William, known as Wullie, Oor Wullie is scots for Our William.

Wullie's gang consists of Fat Boab, Wee Eck and Soapy Soutar.

I always remember getting the album at Christmas, I'm sure every other year It was The Broons :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

nowt as queer as folk!

Guest Another Spartacus

If it takes a pound and half of tripe to make an elephant a pair of knock kneed trousers, what time is it.

I know..........doesn't make any sense at all

Just something silly my dad used to say.

some fools cant be taught....

mostly bailifs

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

some fools cant be taught....

mostly bailifs

I had a look at this thread expecting to shed a tear reading 2 pages of lovely sayings...... Instead I'm crying with laughter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

By the way, here's the lovely saying I was going to contribute: 'What lies before us, is nothing compared to what lies within us'

Instead I feel I should share what my mum used to say when something went wrong as it will fit better..... 'Oh S*!t and fall back in it' (in her poshest voice.) Now I say it :doh:

I had a look at this thread expecting to shed a tear reading 2 pages of lovely sayings...... Instead I'm crying with laughter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

By the way, here's the lovely saying I was going to contribute: 'What lies before us, is nothing compared to what lies within us'

Instead I feel I should share what my mum used to say when something went wrong as it will fit better..... 'Oh S*!t and fall back in it' (in her poshest voice.) Now I say it :doh:

It was meant to be of "nice saying's" but ahh well what the hell hohoho....I sometimes say this one about people like baliffs when they get cought out.....they are sh-tting and stamping in it.....love to see them get mauled on youtube

see a sixpence and pick it up and all day long you will have good luck

see a sixpence and pick it up and all day long you will have good luck

your as old as me :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert