dizzymrsp

Help. Lowell Financial. gggrrr

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2506 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone please help.

I have received a letter this morning from Lowell Financial, claiming I owe £165.83 for a debt to HSBC.

I haven't had an account with HSBC since it closed it 2000, so 12 years ago!

The letter states they have been examining my credit file and it tells them what other accounts I have and the amounts i pay to them, and the address i am at.

i dont even know what this debt is for?

any advice??

If you have not made any payment or written acknowledgment of this debt in 6 clear years it is statute barred, if this is the case I can draft a letter for you to suiit the case.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

yes, please

Will do that for you a little later, have to pop out.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Can someone please help.

I have received a letter this morning from Lowell Financial, claiming I owe £165.83 for a debt to HSBC.

I haven't had an account with HSBC since it closed it 2000, so 12 years ago!

The letter states they have been examining my credit file and it tells them what other accounts I have and the amounts i pay to them, and the address i am at.

i dont even know what this debt is for?

any advice??

OK

The Compliance Manager

Lowell Financial

1 Apex View

Leeds

Ref; as on their letters.

Dear sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding a debt for £165.83 staets to be an HSBC account, pleas note I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell financial or any company you may claim to represent.

I have taken the opportunity to research the allged debt and have taken advice on my findings, I have reached the conclusion that any such alleged debt is statute barred and therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in reagard to this alleged debt.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt and you should be aware that if you dispute the status of this allged debt the onus of proof that the debt is not statute barred lies fully with Lowell Finanacial and unequivocal proof of any such claim will be required.

I know require you to cease processing all data relating to me and remove it from your records immediately written confirmation of your commpliance with these instructions within 7 working days.

OK send recorded delivery check receipt.