CCI Legal Services Ltd & gym debt

Dusty2706
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I am seeking some advice,

I am being chased by the lovely people at CCI after joining a Gym,

going once and forgetting to cancel my membership.

The sum is for about £236 and a couple of pence,

I had no idea I was being chased for this debt until my former landlord called me to say that they had received a "legal letter"

and wanted me to come and pick it up,

I emailed the company and acknowledged the debt to which I received a letter back asking me to fill in a financial statement #and send copies of address, proof of earnings, other debts etc and get it back to them on that day.

I have seen a draft letter on here stating that I will not be supplying personal information as it is just that, personal

and that after seeking professional advice

I will be updating them in due course, since then they have sent me another email today chasing payment and advising me to call them immediately.

I have not provided my new address and advised them not to send any further correspondence to my old address, also I would prefer to continue this process by email.

Can anyone advise me of the best way of dealing with this?

I am willing to pay them a nominal sum per month but to be quite honest I would prefer them not to have any contact details for me other than what they already have.

Also people have been mentioning checking that a signed CCA is in place but I am not sure this would applicable with it being a gym membership agreement.

Thanking you in advance.

moved to the gym forum

dont forget DCA's are not bailiffs

they have NO SUCH legal powers.

have a read in this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the membership was paid by installments then there may be a regulated agreement, challenging on paperwork now after acknowledging the debt is not going to help though.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sorry for putting in the wrong place!Sorry I must not have made myself clear, I have not acknowledged the debt, I have acknowledge the email and said that I am seeking prefessional advice.

And thank you for the responses and advice.

how old is this?

dont forget they are fake/tame solicitors too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

phishing trip me thinks..

had any other letters over that time

dx

and they

Well check if this has been defaulted and when, check the amount on the file against what is being claimed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Dusty,

It's unlikely that this will appear on your CRA records as gyms tend not to record their debts in this way. More likely, the CRS's no longer allow the gym debts data to be registered on thier systems.

We could use some proper detail if you have it. If you don't have exact answers, give your best guess :-

1. What gym is this.

2. When did you join the gym.

3. When did you stop attending.

4. If this was paid by a DD mandate, when did you cancel it (or confirm when the last pay't was made from your bank statements).

You should give the gym or their admin company your new address. If you don't there's a risk that they'll take court action using the old address and you'll only find out about it when a CCJ is made against you, and that may be too late !!

If there was any specific reason you stopped attending, please confirm (unemployment, moved home, moved work, etc).

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)