style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2449 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a parking fine from Manchester city council,

I forgot to pay this and subsequently received a letter that this had been passed through the court to marstons at which time the fine stood at around £100,

I had no other contac with the courts or marstons until today when a letter was posted through my mums door,

I don't live there, stating that I owed them over £400,

this just seems totally ridiculous considering the initial ticket was for £35!!

I just need some help before I tackle this tomorrow, thanks!!

If it was sent to the wrong adress there maybe something you can do, to get it back to the begining of court process.

The guys on here will be able to advise you.

This is VERY simple.

As you had not been living at the address, you would not have been served with a Notice to Owner. You are therefore allowed to file an Out of Time Witness Statement at the Traffic Enforcement Centre. You will need forms TE7 and TE9. The forms MUST be emailed to TEC this morning and once received by them...all enforcement will CEASE for approx 6 weeks.

Ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 08457 045 007. Ignore all of the "prompts" and instead, wait to speak with an operator. She will then email the forms to you. If you need helping completing the form please do post back.

This is VERY simple.

As you had not been living at the address, you would not have been served with a Notice to Owner. You are therefore allowed to file an Out of Time Witness Statement at the Traffic Enforcement Centre. You will need forms TE7 and TE9. The forms MUST be emailed to TEC this morning and once received by them...all enforcement will CEASE for approx 6 weeks.

Ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 08457 045 007. Ignore all of the "prompts" and instead, wait to speak with an operator. She will then email the forms to you. If you need helping completing the form please do post back.

Thanks for the advice!! Missed that this morning so will have to do it tomorrow. I did speak to the bailiff today though, he accused me of lying then hung up so I rang the office and the lady there told me that as I don't live at the address the bailiff would send the case back to their office at which point I would be able to pay the debt, which stands at £412, off in instalments, she then transferred me back through to the bailiff who upon mentioning this told me that she was in a lot of trouble and shouldn't have said this as it was untrue!!? He said he would be able to stall payment until the 31st of January, which I agreed to so I could have more time to sort this out.

I have tonight been on marstons website where there is a section for paying online where my balance seems to be £126.44p, do you think I should pay this and ask for a receipt of payment so I can say I have cleared the debt or are they still likely to chase me for the rest if the money!!?

Thanks

James

Thanks for the advice!! Missed that this morning so will have to do it tomorrow. I did speak to the bailiff today though, he accused me of lying then hung up so I rang the office and the lady there told me that as I don't live at the address the bailiff would send the case back to their office at which point I would be able to pay the debt, which stands at £412, off in instalments, she then transferred me back through to the bailiff who upon mentioning this told me that she was in a lot of trouble and shouldn't have said this as it was untrue!!? He said he would be able to stall payment until the 31st of January, which I agreed to so I could have more time to sort this out.

I have tonight been on marstons website where there is a section for paying online where my balance seems to be £126.44p, do you think I should pay this and ask for a receipt of payment so I can say I have cleared the debt or are they still likely to chase me for the rest if the money!!?

Thanks

James

Tomtubby is perhaps the most experienced contributor on this forum when it comes in particular to pcn's. If you follow what you have been told you will only be liable for the original £35 pcn...so unless you want to pay £412 (which they will I assure you, be adding to on a daily basis) you should have NO further contact with Marstons.

WD

Hi, I have filed my out of time statements to the TEC, if this is accepted then I will be very happy!! What do I do if they reject my application? Would the bailiffs inflated fees of £412 still stand or does it reset? Really don't know what to do otherwise!

So I got a call from the bailiff today saying that I had to pay the £412 really don't know what to do next! First he said he'd bisected twice now he's saying he's been 3 times when I'm pretty sure he only came once!!? What do I do?

So I got a call from the bailiff today saying that I had to pay the £412 really don't know what to do next! First he said he'd bisected twice now he's saying he's been 3 times when I'm pretty sure he only came once!!? What do I do?

Have you heard if your OOT application has been accepted yet?

Hi, I have filed my out of time statements to the TEC, if this is accepted then I will be very happy!! What do I do if they reject my application? Would the bailiffs inflated fees of £412 still stand or does it reset? Really don't know what to do otherwise!

If they do reject your application, you have the right to appeal against the decision.

Do not talk to the bailiffs on the phone because they lie and try and put the fear of God into you so that you will pay their overcharged fees.

Do NOT pay the £412 they are charging. If you have no joy with the appeal [assuming the worst and there is no reason you should ]then before paying anything to the bailiffs we

will get you to write and ask them to provide a list of what they have charged for and then examine them to weed out the unlawful ones.

But at the moment there is little point in writing to the bailiffs until you have heard from the TEC.

I know it may not be easy, but try and stay as calm as you can. Many on here giving you advice have been through similar events themselves

and know how to nullify bailiffs lies.

Thanks for the replies!!

I personally have had nothing from the TEC regarding my OOT, the bailiff seemed to know I'd filed this and it was he who informed me that they had "kicked it straight out" I was surprised that he would know about this before me and so told him I had received no such information. He told me that they wouldn't bother writing to tell me! Don't know how much truth there is in that? Really unsure of the next step to take now, I asked him to break down the fees and he told me there was £175 attendance fee which I don't think is either fair or reasonable!

I have arrived home and I have a letter dated 11th January which only came today sent second class. It states my application has been refused but I have 14 days to contact them for an appeal which costs £80 for a review by a district judge with a hearing or £45 for a review by a judge without a hearing. What step would you recommend next?

Have you heard if your OOT application has been accepted yet?

Yeah the application was rejected!

This is VERY simple.

Hi sorry for the multiple posts just very worried about this fine and I don't want the bailiff coming to my new address when only my girlfriend is in as I know the bailiff would bully his way in!i have had this rejected by the court now, I don't know whether to forget arguing the fine or just pay it but I really don't think I should have to pay the amount the bailiff is asking for. I have seen there are a lot if knowledgable people on here so I hope you can help!!

I have done some work for a solicitor who owns her own company and we get on very well, she deals mainly in personal injury but do you think she can help me?

Thanks

James

Hi

So I have had the bailiff on the phone today after emailing marstons a couple of weeks ago and them not responding. This time though I recorded the call. I have asked him to outline the fees, which he did so here they are:

Original fine £112

Letter fee = £11.20+vat

1st visit fee 10.12.12 = £34.50+vat

2cnd visit fee 11.12.12 = £44.15+vat

Transcribing this wasn't easy as he seems to throw a lot of figures out and also seems to be charging vat on the original fine on two occasions!

There is then an attendance to remove fee also on the 11.12.12 I will transcribe how this was explained to me.

Bailiff- "when we get on to our second visit we can then charge what we call an "ATR" cos we're then there to (stutter) and that's called an "attendance to remove" which is £175+vat, now, with manchester city council their fee structure is capped, so it's capped at £250+vat which is £300"

So any ideas whether this is right or not!?? I have looked at the relevant legislation "the enforcement of road traffic debts" yet I can't see any attendance to remove fee there!!? And I thought they couldn't charge for multiple things on the same day? But I have him on recording stating that he has!

I would like to point out that this man has never been in my home or my mums home I have never met him and have only ever dealt with him on the phone.

Thanks