Bad credit

Hallmark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Does anyone know if the banks look as far back on your credit file more than 3 years when applying for a mortgage as I have arrears showing which are all clear now over 3 years ago?

I have recently received a loan from Natwest but I'm not sure if I will have my mortgage application accepted and don't want to damage my credit report with a decline.

Thanks

yes the full 6yrs and more if they can get it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

rip off

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

No such things as a repair company.

You might want to put a notice of correction on your credit report to explain why you had difficulties.

I did this and it helped with my applications.

Might be worth checking your credit score to get a feel for how the credit agencies rate you

I get a really good score on credit expert, it says excellent 980 but i dont know if the banks use the same process to score and as soon as they see missed payments still within the 6 years im scared that a request for a mortgage will be declined.

nothing can be done about missed payments unless you owed nothing.

if you didn't pay

you didn't pay

dx

and they

Go into the bank/lender and discuss as the branch can still overrule people on the phone/internet, eg bank refuses a small 2 day overdraft but accepts loan application on phone and then on going into the bank branch they up the loan by 5.5k because they are happy with the account and dont have to accept the credit score! (this happened last week it is genuine) the person it happened to was made bankrupt about 8 years ago and used to have a really bad credit rating but has run their bank account ok for a few years so its always worth speaking to a person face to face and it makes things easier to explain.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Can unpaid loans on bad credit rating eventually get better?

I have had some bad luck over the last 5 years and im in debt from unpaid loans but now things are on the up have a good job that pays well

but feel no matter what i do im always gonna be a risk

AB is right. The internet apps are done automatically with nobody checking it. Go into the bank itself and they can personally check your app and push things through.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D