Dilizjo

Government admits thousands of fake adverts on its new jobs website

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2508 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

will be intersting to know if you get sanctioned for not using the site, considering its only in pilot areas,

pull the other one

I'll make a print of all these articles and show (or shove, LOL) them to my adviser next time I go and sign

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I have successfully argued my case for not signing up and even have it on my job seekers agreement that i do need to I am probably the only person in the country at this moment who has this on their agreement. They will not sanction you for not signing up as they know thay cannot do this as it is not mandatory, however they will try find another way which is what happened to me, my job seekers diary was structinised along with my agreement. The advisor sat there and started counting everything up and then said you have done enough a per your agreement. Luckily for me I had argued previously that my agreement was unreasonable and they backed down and did not go a head with the sanction.

My advise is try to be one step ahead of them at all times and document all complaints you have, innudate your MP's with them so you have a record and eventually something will have to change.

San-d take the print off from their own union website as that is what I did and tell them you are actually doing them a favour as it quite clearly states that all advisors must hold off from telling claimants to sign up and if they don't can lead to problems for themselves, such as clinical mis-direction. That way it looks like you are looking out for their interests aswell as your own.

San-d take the print off from their own union website

What's that one?

please note san-d taking that information may result in what happened to me. So it's your choice if you take it or not I would not want you to have the hassle I got and be without benefits.

I'd go as far as saying 90% of the job on there are fake and definitely not checked.

It's a well known fact that agencies post jobs on there that don't exist because it costs them nothing to do this. Why do it? so you can approach employers and tell them you have x000 people on your books looking for work so they can be picked above other agencies.

Then there's lots of old vacancies that should have been taken off.

and vacancies that just don't add up!!!, links are wrong, wrong contact details that weren't checked, commission only jobs etc etc. and then there's agencies that list a job and won't tell you who the employers is! ( basically ban agencies from advertising on govt sites! )

and this how the Govt can say we have x0000's jobs on their list...!!!!!

Edited by rhino666

I wonder if you can un-register/close your account

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I'm sorry to play the devil's advocate and I am the last one in the world who wants to defend the DWP but unfortunately you're all missing the point here.

The fact that the jobs are fake or not is irrelevant and to be honest we don't really know if they are fake. The problem is that, in order to inflate the number of vacancies available, the DWP has transformed what used to be a mediocre jobsite into a jobsite aggregator.

What this means in practice is that all jobsites on earth have long been hijacked by these so called "web agencies", which are nothing but "a guy with a laptop".

The DWP cannot verify all these tens of thousands of vacancies because these agencies don't even know that they are on Universal Jobmatch. Ask any agent you know and they will tell you they have some web based software where they list their vacancy (fake or not) and this will propagate automagically into hundreds of jobsites. These jobsites (Technojobs, Jobsite, Monsters, Totaljobs, Job Warehouse) then are propagated into the UJM.

All could be solved if the jobseeker had an option to weed out these aggregators from his/her jobsearch, as it used to be with the old Jobcentre Plus site.

I have sent a feature request to the DWP. Why don't we organize a mass feature request on this forum?