style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2413 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry, but to give good advice we will need more information than you have given.

What is this matter about? (I am assuming it relates to a property sale).

EDIT - reading your previous posts - has an overage clause been assigned and are you asking if that assignment was legitimate?

el bandito, this has nothing to do with previous posts....

i sold a house and land 3 years ago with a 40% overage clause. planning permission is now looking good for 20+ houses. clause is value of site with pp less the value of the land and 1 dwelling (as it is now).

i am looking to raise some cash in the near future so i may have to offer some security, i was therefore looking to assign my interest in the overage.

i have just been advised that my overage has not been protected i.e by a restriction or a charge. my solicitor prior to exchange of contracts agreed between themselves that the overage would be protected by a restriction. sadly the restriction did not make it into the contract........

what does/can my solicitor do to rectify the situation?

any legal experts out there?

my solicitor has cocked up protecting an overage clause on land i sold. there is only a personal covenant in the transfer. the owner has yet to apply for planning but will do in the future. as of yet i have suffered no loss but i could in the future if the owner sells up to a new owner and they apply for pp etc. how can i protect myself for future losses?