andy01502

No Breaks at work!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2504 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My previous emplyer refused to let me have a break whilst at work, I worked for 8/9 hours a day... paid a fixed wage of £270 a week but refused to let me have a break... I had to eat and drink whilst on the job. Is this aloud??

No, it is not allowed, search the internet for employment law

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

By law you're entitled to a 20 minute unpaid break in a 6 hour shift as a minimum.

How would i go about this? Warn the employer about there actions? How would everyone else go about this? I worked for the company for 4 years and didnt get one break

whats done is done imo, you could have done somthing at the time but as you are no longer employed by them i cant see what you can do now

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

advise employer to speak to acas about it and the legal position.