style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My ex partner has an IVA and the latest correspondence from the supervisior seems to be requesting that a letter or authority be given to them regarding claiming back any PPI. To my knowledge there is no PPI to be claimed. It does also state that ex partner is free to take own any independent advice. Please advise what are the options on this. Many thanks for any advice..

2nd one i've heard recently

i think they are trying to 'engage' a fee paying CMC to get it for you.

i'm not sure if PPI is yours on an iva anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the ppi would goto the iva for dist amoungst yur iva debts anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there.

Sadly, you're caught between a rock and a hard place. If you don't allow the IP permission to try and reclaim the PPI they could fail the IVA for not cooperating with them. Given the circs I think it's likely that you're going to have to let the IP have the permission although from what you've said it may provide fruitless for them! I don't think many IPs are doing the whole PPI reclaim thing for the benefit of the creditors though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If an iva has been taken on with PPI still on any loans and without the PPI on those loans, an IVA would not have been accepted as without the PPI, any debt could have been under 15k which is the amount required to be accepted. Hope someone follows that and is able to advise..

If your debts can be reduced to under £15,000 it would be in your interest to opt for a DRO, surely ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If your debts can be reduced to under £15,000 it would be in your interest to opt for a DRO, surely ?

Only if there are no assets worth more than £300 (£1k for a car) and that the disposable income is less than £50 per month.

Only if there are no assets worth more than £300 (£1k for a car) and that the disposable income is less than £50 per month.

Yes, of course.. forgot that part, sequenci !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if the same applies but when I had my bankruptcy I was made aware of a Tax rebate which hadn't been paid to me and the OR said it was payable to me directly and not the creditors because had the tax refund been paid by the I.R on time, it would not have affected the bankruptcy. Therefore, if the PPI has been mis-sold, surely the client is entitled to the refund and not their creditors?

I know that the IVA companies are refunding the interest element of refunds to their clients, so they will get something back but like it has alreaday been said, I don't think that the IVA companies are doing these PPI claims for the right reasons and heaven knows who will see the money?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

• 5 months later...

It is now three years since my now ex partner has been paying into an IVA. Her car which is due to be paid off with a credit company, well the money she won't be paying for that will now go into the IVA so she won't be any worst off I guess. If I have questions on her behalf with her upcoming review and I need to phone up the insolvency people (I have authority) am I able to demand to talk to the top people rather then allow the person who answers the phone to palm me off..

• 3 months later...
My point is if any PPI was included, it would have been included in the amount that was accepted. Does anyone follow this ?

My only thought on this is that if PPI can be claimed it will reduce the balance on the IVA, thus reducing the time frame of repayments but if the IVA company do the claim then they will deduct their fees for doing so.

Perhaps other caggers may have a different opinion?

Have you not thought about making the claim (s) on your account by yourself? Is there a reason for your reluctance?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

My only thought on this is that if PPI can be claimed it will reduce the balance on the IVA, thus reducing the time frame of repayments but if the IVA company do the claim then they will deduct their fees for doing so.

Perhaps other caggers may have a different opinion?

Have you not thought about making the claim (s) on your account by yourself? Is there a reason for your reluctance?

It wouldn't reduce the time to repay the IVA, sadly - it would generally increase the amount of the return to the creditors (as well as increase the potential return for the IP themselves.

Its an issue on the horizon and I Will seek further advice as any PPI would have been included anyway. The other thing is I don't think its for the benefit of any creditors. If anyone else is in this position, lets share stories..

Well, the IP wouldn't be interested unless there was something in it for them - that's for sure.

• 3 weeks later...