style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2105 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My ex partner has an IVA and the latest correspondence from the supervisior seems to be requesting that a letter or authority be given to them regarding claiming back any PPI. To my knowledge there is no PPI to be claimed. It does also state that ex partner is free to take own any independent advice. Please advise what are the options on this. Many thanks for any advice..

2nd one i've heard recently

i think they are trying to 'engage' a fee paying CMC to get it for you.

i'm not sure if PPI is yours on an iva anyhow.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

the ppi would goto the iva for dist amoungst yur iva debts anyhow.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello there.

Sadly, you're caught between a rock and a hard place. If you don't allow the IP permission to try and reclaim the PPI they could fail the IVA for not cooperating with them. Given the circs I think it's likely that you're going to have to let the IP have the permission although from what you've said it may provide fruitless for them! I don't think many IPs are doing the whole PPI reclaim thing for the benefit of the creditors though.

They have stated that one can take independent advice, however am not sure what advice needs to be taken as no PPI seems likely to be claimed..

If a PPI was included in the original set up with the IVA company then the amounts presented would show that, otherwise the threshold for being accepted wild not have been reached..

Another letter regarding this. What i want to know is. If there is evidence of PPI why don't they supply that information. Further to that is there any legal obligation to provide any information..

Not sure if there is a legal obligation (I very much doubt there is) - but the IVA couldbe failed by the IP if you don't cooperate with them.

If an iva has been taken on with PPI still on any loans and without the PPI on those loans, an IVA would not have been accepted as without the PPI, any debt could have been under 15k which is the amount required to be accepted. Hope someone follows that and is able to advise..

It's possible to have an IVA for less than £15k - although very uncommon. I've heard of Payplan doing them, for example.

The iisue has arisen that the IVA company are requesting information about PPI on loans. Anything to get more money..

Edited by Consumer dude

Par for the course for them these days. Many IVA firms seem not to behave in the best interests of their clients at all.

If your debts can be reduced to under £15,000 it would be in your interest to opt for a DRO, surely ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If your debts can be reduced to under £15,000 it would be in your interest to opt for a DRO, surely ?

Only if there are no assets worth more than £300 (£1k for a car) and that the disposable income is less than £50 per month.

Only if there are no assets worth more than £300 (£1k for a car) and that the disposable income is less than £50 per month.

Yes, of course.. forgot that part, sequenci !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not sure if the same applies but when I had my bankruptcy I was made aware of a Tax rebate which hadn't been paid to me and the OR said it was payable to me directly and not the creditors because had the tax refund been paid by the I.R on time, it would not have affected the bankruptcy. Therefore, if the PPI has been mis-sold, surely the client is entitled to the refund and not their creditors?

I know that the IVA companies are refunding the interest element of refunds to their clients, so they will get something back but like it has alreaday been said, I don't think that the IVA companies are doing these PPI claims for the right reasons and heaven knows who will see the money?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

It is now three years since my now ex partner has been paying into an IVA. Her car which is due to be paid off with a credit company, well the money she won't be paying for that will now go into the IVA so she won't be any worst off I guess. If I have questions on her behalf with her upcoming review and I need to phone up the insolvency people (I have authority) am I able to demand to talk to the top people rather then allow the person who answers the phone to palm me off..

Back to the topic, IVA company are trying to engage PPI enquiry. If there was PPI on loans and that amount was included into amount presented and accepted then there is surely no further claim. Does anyone know how to deal with this as it feels like you could pay twice..

My point is if any PPI was included, it would have been included in the amount that was accepted. Does anyone follow this ?

My point is if any PPI was included, it would have been included in the amount that was accepted. Does anyone follow this ?

My only thought on this is that if PPI can be claimed it will reduce the balance on the IVA, thus reducing the time frame of repayments but if the IVA company do the claim then they will deduct their fees for doing so.

Perhaps other caggers may have a different opinion?

Have you not thought about making the claim (s) on your account by yourself? Is there a reason for your reluctance?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

My only thought on this is that if PPI can be claimed it will reduce the balance on the IVA, thus reducing the time frame of repayments but if the IVA company do the claim then they will deduct their fees for doing so.

Perhaps other caggers may have a different opinion?

Have you not thought about making the claim (s) on your account by yourself? Is there a reason for your reluctance?

It wouldn't reduce the time to repay the IVA, sadly - it would generally increase the amount of the return to the creditors (as well as increase the potential return for the IP themselves.

Its an issue on the horizon and I Will seek further advice as any PPI would have been included anyway. The other thing is I don't think its for the benefit of any creditors. If anyone else is in this position, lets share stories..

Its an issue on the horizon and I Will seek further advice as any PPI would have been included anyway. The other thing is I don't think its for the benefit of any creditors. If anyone else is in this position, lets share stories..

Well, the IP wouldn't be interested unless there was something in it for them - that's for sure.

If any PPI that may have been taken out and only now IVA company is showing an interest would it not be likely that there would be some limitation restriction under some limitations act ?