Jump to content

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2499 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I'd like some advice if anybody has been in a similar situation?


My brother in law has recently been diagnosed with depression, although it is apparent to us that he has been suffering with the condition for a number of years and he has finally got to the point where he can no longer cope with his financial situation and has asked me for my help.


He currently has an overdraft and a credit card debt from the same bank exceeding £10k in total. Both of these have been run up in the last few years, partly as a consequence of the depression and also, in my opinion, partly to blame for the depression.


I am going to help deal with this but am stuck as to where to start. I have a sort of action plan that I would like to write to his bank, on his behalf and offer to settle both debts by monthly payments providing they are willing to freeze the interest due on the accounts. It is my belief that the bank has acted irresponsibly in letting the borrowing get to this level in such a short period of time, however, I don't really want to go down that particular road unless the bank does not want to help.


Does anybody know of any template letters that could be used to gain permission for a third party to deal with the account? Is there any sort of precedent I can research in regard to the irresponsible lending in such a case as this?


Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your kind help.

Edited by Prime99
spelling correction

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need a template a simple note of authority to act is all thats needed'eg


I Mr.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx authorise Mr. xxxxxxxxxx to act on my behalf regarding all my accouunts with xxxxxxx bank.


Signed Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dated xx xx xxxx


Witnessed byxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dated xx xx xxxx.


The irresponsible lending approach is unlikely to succeedd imo, if the bank is unaware of his condition, and they should now be made aware.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...