style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Previously we had storage heaters, but we had issues keeping the lounge and another front room warm and the lounge was always cold. We complained on numerous occasions that we seem to be losing heat in the lounge and the small front room.

In March 2012 they replaced the storage heaters with air source heating and now our electric bill has jumped up from about £82 in winter months to £135! The figures are based on true readings.

The lounge and small room still lose heat and the air source heating machine keeps switching on to maintain the temperature hence the high electric bills. The walls have been done and there is insulation in the loft plus double glazing.

In the lounge and the small room we have front facing windows and below them is PVC panelling. We feel that we may be losing a lot of heat through the PVC panelling. We have also noticed that when there is a heavy frost or snow, our neighbours in the adjoining bungalows have frost or snow on their roofs, but not us which seems to indicate that we are also losing heat through the roof. If you turn down the heating within less than 2 hours it has dropped from 22C to under 18C.

We have complained to the Housing Association but have not made any progress. I suffer from Rheumatoid arthritis and a cold home does not help. If the HA do eventually resolve the issue will we be able to claim the extra that we have had to pay in electric as we have been complaining for nearly 3 years?

You can get free loft insulation through your council or any of the schemes run by BG, eon etc. and local insulating firms; the goverment pays for it!

Thanks we do have loft insulation, but I suspect it may not be think enough. We have the front small room door closed and even with the heating on high, when you walk in there you can feel the drop in temperature. Heat either going out PVC panelling or ceiling. We last contacted them a week ago about it, but nothing yet. Maybe it is a conspiracy by the government to freeze us to death and get rid of moaning old farts! :wink:

well get more, I had 4in, now got 10 courtesy of the scheme, last year. ( insultion depth that is! )

expect they are pretty busy at this time of year, had mine done in the summer.

good luck anyway, have to keep your thermals on.