Trouble with credits cards.

downanout
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have moved your thread to the correct forum. If you want to tell us a little more about the problems you are experiencing with the credit card companies, I am sure we will be able to help.

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thatnk you for being so quick.

Our money situation changed. I have sent a letter to each of the companies saying how much money we have after regular bills have been paid. Also asking if they would freeze the interest until our circumstances change for the better. MBNA have refused any interest freeze. We are not trying to get out of paying the debt just for a bit of a breathing space.

Ah right.. well MBNA have been censured by the OFT previously for not taking people's circumstances into consideration.

It is almost certain that they will sell the account on to a 3rd party.. Someone like Arrow Global .. or could be one of many others.

Please keep all correspondence regarding your requests for a repayment plan when dealing with MBNA 1

Have you had a look through our library of template letters... there is one for when the Creditor refuses to help..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

If you dont see one that suits.. let me know and we can help draft something specific for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you again,

I will try a combination of letters D and E as MBNA have refused the offer of pro rata payments and to freeze the interest. They have already received a budget plan showing outgoings and the amount left over for creditors. Although they kindly suggested I contact them if I am having difficulties.

The last thing you should do is to telephone them - you need to keep all communication in writing.

You should stress in your letter that your other creditors have recognised that you have a temporary financial hiccup and you believe that MBNA are "Not Treating you Fairly".

It might be an idea to send your latest letter to their Head office.

BCOBS

Hi, citizenB

I only have Chester business Park as an address. I have no intention of contacting them by phone having read some of the threads here. I am hoping they will be reasonable, but I'll not hold my breath. Have been feeling panicky but, realising I'm not the only one who's credit rating is down the pan makes me think I can deal with this.

The Registered Office address is

MBNA Euorpe Bank Limited

Stansfield House,

Chester Business Park,

Chester

CH4 9QQ.

It is a bit of a pain not being able to write a letter and simply shove it in the post box.. but you must at the very least obtain a Free Proof of Posting from the post office.. :)

BCOBS

Letter done.

Don't know if there are any math wizards out there but......

I have received an annual statement for the period of Aug 2011 to Aug 2012.

It goes as follows

Total spending £0.00 interest charged £1,788.48

Total fees and charges £108.00,

total amount repaid £4,106.00.

Balance transfers £0.00 interest £464.53,

Money transfers/credit card cheques total spending £0.00 total interest charged £929.44.

What is my APR?

It isn't on the annual statement.

I will flag that particular post for the math guys on the team :)

BCOBS

Hi

Dropping in as requested by CB.

Is this an annual statement for a credit card?

Are you not getting monthly statements?

Normally your interest rate is shown on each monthly statement.

Hi ims21,

The interest is shown as above, but I have no idea as to the APR, as that is not on any statements. The statements just show the interest for that month.

Yes I appreciate that you have posted interest figures but I can't work anything out from that.

Can you post up the annual statement you have received and perhaps one of your normal monthly account statements please?

Use this method but make sure you remove any personal identifiers first

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

In the mean time, I have had a letter from mbna accepting the payments and no interest for one card (the lowest amount of about 650). For the other two cards (higher amounts 5000) they want more budget information. The info I gave them is exactly the same for each card. Is it normal for them to accept one but not others? (I hope this makes sense).

Did you write one letter for the 3 accounts or 3 separate letters ?

I find it quite disingenuous of them to enter into a payment plan for one and not the others.

Simply write back thanking them for their co-operation for Account no:.. 123456..

However, you fail to understand how they are not recognising that if you cannot afford to repay the full amount on the smaller of the two accounts, then equally, you are unable to afford the full amount on those other 2 accounts.

Just say that your income and expenditure form will not look any different if you send it again and to please accept your repayment plans and freeze interest and charges for the other two accounts !!

Bizarre.. !!

BCOBS

• 5 weeks later...

I have written to mbna and pointed out that they have accepted one payment and froze interest and charges, but they say our household expenditure is higher than the goverment recommendation (does anyone know what that is?). None of the other creidtors have even mentioned this. Not sure what do next. They have again us sent the very first letters stating if we are having money problems then contact them. I am wondering if they actually read the letters I sent.

This might help...........................

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/family-spending/family-spending/family-spending-2012-edition/art-chapter-1--overview.html#tab-Household-expenditure

I'm not sure if thats accurate and it's from 2011 ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I think there is a value attached to certain expenditure areas which is used by the courts. I have not seen one myself, so am unable to say what expenditure you would be allowed.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

The link above is to the National Debtline Budget planner, although the one used on CAG is equally acceptable.

What I would suggest you do is telephone National Debtline and ask them if you could run your budget past them - they might advise which areas are giving MBNA some problems.

I think you might find that MBNA are still being their usual obnoxious self - they have already agreed to freezing/reduced payments on 2 debts, this last one really seems to be giving both them and you some major problems !!

BCOBS

Thanks for the advice I will call debt line. As I said they have accepted the lesser of the debts and the housingkeeping budget is the same on that. No one else has questioned the amount. From the wording of their letter they have accepted the lower payment offer on the two highest cards. They're saying they can't stop the interest charges without further information about the housekeeping, which again if there was a problem why accept the lower payment offer for all three cards and freeze the charges and interest on the lowest one. Surely the lower payment offers would have been rejected outright had there been a problem with the housekeeping budget, in their words, being too high. None of it makes any sense at all. I am quite at a loss as what to do. I am out of the country at the moment and the budget is based on those living costs which are commonly known to be a lot higher than in the UK. They are writing to me at this address so they are obviously aware it is not a UK budget.

Yes, I agree, there seems to be some confusion at MBNA - the I&E is not going to change they have had all the information.. what else do they want ? Blood not available at this time !1

BCOBS