style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could really use some help please. My husband is a soldier so we move around rather often. Upon moving into our house in York the utilities were already with Scottishpower. I called them up and gave our details for bills ect and thought that was that.

They then proceeded to attempt to add the previous people's 3 months worth of arrears to our account. At this point I refused to pay anything until they resolved it as I didn't know if I was paying our bills, theirs or a joint combination.

We kept the money to one side for when they'd eventually sorted it out. 5 months down the line they finally sorted it I was all ready to pay the arrears we had due to not payment while sorting the matter out but it turns out they'd GROSSLY under estimated the bills (ours) in an effort to sort the situation out I asked if we could do a payment plan and they stated we had to pay at least half of the arrears or they wouldn't do a payment plan (even half of the arrears was double what we had put to the side) and they gave us a cracking great monthly payment of £280 which we can't afford.

I have offered them £50pm on top of our monthly bill to cover the arrears however they won't accept it. Now it's been 12 months since we moved in I've paid 1 bill in that 12 months as they are still refusing to help (now the bill stands at a little over £2,000) They are telling me that I need to pay a lump sum to set up a payment plan, pay in full or have a meter installed which not only will the army housing not allow but I can't get out to top it up as I have a son with very severe autism and a young baby.

I've made efforts to sort this but they won't budge. I have asked how much our standard monthly plan is and they won't tell me because it includes the debt so I can't even make an "offer" to them because I don't know what I am offering on.

Could I get some help in reference to sending them an offer through the post?

PLEASE HELP :jaw:

the site puts a space in to stop spamming spiders

just remove the space MJ.

[rep you need to remember this]

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have recently put up a post about Scottishpower.

they tried adding someone elses bills to ours and I refused to pay them while they were dealing with it because I didn't know if we were paying our bills or theirs.

When they'd sorted it they'd severely underestimated how much our bills were and the money we had kept behind wasn't enough.

They wouldn't comprimise on a payment plan and those they offered were not affordable (in excess of £250 for the debt alone not current utilities)

I have been trying to move over to a new company for months now so I could have a regular utility company without any debt

and then set up a payment plan with whoever chased us from Scottishpower.

They wouldn't let us move due to the debt, wouldn't agree on an affordable payment plan so we were stuck.

FINALLY today we've receieved a debt collections letter from SECUS who were shocked to hear I was more than willing to bill the bill.

Considering this debt has now been sent to a debt collector I don't suppose anyone would know if I can now change companies finally??

Thanks in advance

Has the debt been sold to the debt collector or do they state they are collecting on behalf ofg Scottishpower?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm not sure the lady I spoke too simply said the account had been sent to them via scottishpower. I just called Scottishpower to ask and they said I wouldn't be able to change regardless. They are now having a manager call me back as I have told them as long as they hold me and I am unable to move companies I will not be working the debt out with anyone.

I'm quite happy to deal with SECUS however at the end of the day I'll still be held over a barral by Scottishpower and their ridiculous prices.

You should have no problems switching utility providers even though you have an outstanding bill with Scottish Power.

Please see the article in our October Newsletter for the links, I have copied the article for you.

Energy customers get new switching rights

Households with pre-payment meters who owe up to £500 to their energy supplier will be able to switch to cheaper deals with another firm under new measures.

Customers of the biggest six companies are currently able to move only if they have debts of less than £200.

Under OFGEM's announcement, British Gas, EDF, Eon, SSE, Scottish Power and Npower will allow people on pre-payment meters to switch from 1 November.

It is thought tens of thousands of users will be helped by the move.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?910-Newsletter-October-2012

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?366355-New-rules-will-allow-switching-for-pre-payment-customers-with-arrears-of-up-to-%C2%A3500

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i've moved with £1300+ bill recently.

we have a scottish power rep might like to comment?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

threads merged

dx

and they

so did you email the rep as advised earlier

what was the result

dx

and they

I emailed him and heard nothing back at all. I've just spoken with customer service's yet again who were unhelpful so I just told them to write a note on my file saying I am refusing to deal with the debt collecting company (who I'll quite happily deal with) until they let me change. That and to not waste their paper on me. It's stupid really. Let me change and get your money or don't and don't get it.

Thanks for the merge DX didn't know how to find the original post

Hi

I really think you need to make a Formal Complaint to Scottishpower in writing (always get proof of posting and keep a good paper trail) as this situation has arose due to Scottishpowers complete Maladministration of your account to date and trying to force you the current occupant of that property to pay the previous occupants arrears when you have already proved the arrears were the previous occupants.

You have also to date not resfused to pay your bills but informed Scottishpower that you would pay the bills once they had resolved the above issue which Scottishpower were not just slow to resolve but further complicated matters once this was resolved by sending you incorrect bills stating they were correct once again Scottishpowers Maladministration.

To now have a Debt Collection Company contracted by Scottishpower to now chase you for arrears which were actually not of your doing but due to Scottishpowers Maladministration of your account to date and the stress that this has had on your family.

You now require Scottishpower to place your account IN DISPUTE until this matter is resolved and to inform their Debt Collection Company that this account is IN DISPUTE and you require conformation from Scottishpower of this.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The account was already in dispute when I noticed the error IE them trying to add someone else's arrears to our account.

The issue is the time it took to sort out (it's been sorted for a number of months now) means we had arrears that they'd grossly underestimated

so when it came time to begin paying the bills after it came out of dispite we hadn't put nearly enough away

since that point I've been trying to get a suitable payment plan so we can leave them

however they wouldn't allow a managable one.

So now the bill is over 2,000 (all ours) and as they are refusing to be amicable it grows higher and higher because we cannot afford the payments they are asking us to make.

Currently our options are 50% now and then pay £100 on top of our monthly bill (regular monthly bill they say is £180)

pay £380 pm

or have a meter.

We can't have a meter as it's military housing. Not only will they not give them permission to install one. IF we have a surprise posting at any moment and leave (prior to the total amount being paid off) They'll then refuse to remove the meter.

It's quite a mess :|

Hi

I would also advise speaking to either the Royal British Legion or your Local Help for Heroes as they may also be able to offer some help or advice in your circumstances.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Are you living in quaters, have you contacted a families officer or sought help from military sources?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

so were you actually paying anyhing at all during the 'dispute'

dx

and they

so were you actually paying anyhing at all during the 'dispute'

dx

They told us that out joint bill would be £70pm so during the dispute we put this aside for when the dispute had sorted so we could pay it in full. This was grossly under estimated. Our bill was more 200pm which they never informed us of during the dispute. After it ended I attempted to strike up a payment plan and was given the options I've previously listed. As we can't do any of them they were too high they wouldn't accept a reasonable amount. So it's gone month by month me paying nothing because they want it all or nothing :-/

ta gerry

merry xmas

dx

and they