vcm

Ordered a whirlpool bath which I cannot cancel

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyonne help me? I ordered a whirlpool bath online 3 weeks ago, meant to be delivered within 2 weeks. When I chased the company they said the product arrived faulty and had to be returned and another one will be dispatched within 2 weeks. I asked them to cancel the order as I saw an identical bath elsewhere and which could be delivered sooner. They then told me that this is a bespoke item and therefore cannot be cancelled or refunded (due to distance selling regulations which don't cover bespoke items). The same bath with the same specification (nothing is being added or changed to my order) is being sold in lots of places (on other companys websites as well as eBay). What can I do? Many thanks.

Can anyonne help me? I ordered a whirlpool bath online 3 weeks ago, meant to be delivered within 2 weeks. When I chased the company they said the product arrived faulty and had to be returned and another one will be dispatched within 2 weeks. I asked them to cancel the order as I saw an identical bath elsewhere and which could be delivered sooner. They then told me that this is a bespoke item and therefore cannot be cancelled or refunded (due to distance selling regulations which don't cover bespoke items). The same bath with the same specification (nothing is being added or changed to my order) is being sold in lots of places (on other companys websites as well as eBay). What can I do? Many thanks.

We had a company try the same with us stating the article was custom made when it was a stock item. Took several months but we were refunded all our money.

What rubbish.

Write to them cancelling the order under DSR and send it recorded.

Ignore their nonsense about bespoke.

Get the cancellation done properly in writing first and then deal with their bull after.

Once that letter is in place they cannot fob you off with your too late which they will do if you leave it.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

You must cancel in writing or email and they must return any monies you have paid.

It is not bespoke i.e made to your specigication etc. just a standard item which a manucturer makes and sells to stockists.