style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2499 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I don't know if any one can give me any advice. Last week a bailiff from the Marston Group turned up at the house - I was away with work; my wife answered the door - he demanded payment of £875 or the car would be towed away and subsequently clamped the car.

My wife was desperately trying to get hold of me - but I was in meetings, so couldn't speak to her. She was trying to get our six year old and four year old ready for school - and was exceptionally upset by their intimidating, aggressive behaviour, under this duress she paid.

We had no idea where the fine came from - until I investigated, it was a PCN from a London Borough. We moved house over a year and a half ago and the authority / Bailiff had sent the letters to our old address - now I had registered my driving license to the new address but not the car with the DVLA. Therefore, all info had been sent to our old address.

Do I have a legal leg to stand on as the bailiff's warrant was for our old address, they said it was my legal duty to register the car to the new address. I asked how they got our new address - they said they drove around the town and happened to come across my car - yeah right.

As you might understand, I feel like we've been absolutely screwed over - if I had been around it might have been a different story - however, to intimidate a woman with a 6 and a 4 year is completely out of order.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

You haven't said whether payment was made or not. £875 is a simply astonishing amount for just one PCN. Did you receive a breakdown.

You haven't said whether payment was made or not. £875 is a simply astonishing amount for just one PCN. Did you receive a breakdown.

TTb OP's wife paid under duress, as motor was clamped

" and was exceptionally upset by their intimidating, aggressive behaviour, under this duress she paid."

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes - it was broken down on the hand written paper for my old address as follows:

Charges including court fee £202.00

Attendance cost £190.91

Attendance to remove / Removal Costs £370.00

Bailiffs Costs at Standard Rate £112.19