RBS solicitor is going for a summary judgement on Wednesday for around £9,000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you.

Have been making minimum payments for many years.

Also had a payment plan with the CCCS agreed until my financial situation deteriorated and I had to stop payments for a short while.

Now making very small regular payment as unemployed.

Royal Bank of Scotland seems to be taking me to court?

Contract was with RBS Advanta, and recent statements have been from MINT.

Assigned to various debt collectors, lost touch of who with now, as with RBS solicitor.

Any more useful help or even just pointers, greatly appreciated, thank you.

those that can help will need to see a statement of this debt scan one up as advise in post 26

also please scan up the claim form front page

i cannot believe you have no PENALTY [£12] charges

have you had a letter called a default notice?

who is listed as the OWNER of your debt on your CRA file?

you appear to say this is a loan

but MINT are a Credit Card company

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Q1. What is a CRA file?

Q2. Would the owners be the previous company (before the solicitor?) as so many companies have appeared over the years.

Will check back for penalty charges (none at least for a few years)

Credit card.

Thanks for help..:roll:

Q1. What is a CRA file?

Q2. Would the owners be the previous company (before the solicitor?) as so many companies have appeared over the years.

Will check back for penalty charges (none at least for a few years)

Credit card.

Thanks for help..:roll:

CRA file = Credit files held with Equifax, Experian, Call Credit, Noddle - Creditors report status of accounts with these agencies. It should identify the owner of the account.

You are saying that RBS is the claimant. It should say on the claim form - the solicitor's name will be in the box underneath.

We cant advise if there is anything wrong with the agreement, not having seen it.

You have said in an earlier post that the claimant is requesting an adjournment - check with the court today to see if the Wednesday hearing is still scheduled.

I am sure if their reason is to further discuss, then they should have contacted you to offer you a chance to come to an arrangement without the need for court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you replied with acknowledgment of service or a defence, a SJ cant be applied for untill one of those has been sent..and I would of thought it a bit odd if a claimant applied for SJ BEFORE having seen the defence because you may have a wonderful defence but he would be unaware of it and waste lots of money on the SJ...but some companies use it as a pressure tactic.

You dont really appear to be following the advice given above, read it carefully and post the docs requested otherwise you are in a real danger of losing, having financial difficulties is no defence and wont stop you getting a CCJ, but it should of course be taken into account when making an offer to pay.

Andy