Deductions made from salary for unspecified overpayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My daughter also has found that, according to the payroll dept of the company she works for, she was overpaid in the period August and September 2013. My daughter accepted the salary in good faith as she had worked overtime for training during that period.

They have already taken some if not all the monies back without notifying her. They not provided any details of said overtime, when asked for copies of payslips for that period, she was told they can't do that, and that her managers have given the payroll dept permission that take the deductions.

I would question the legality of some one else giving permission for a deduction from your salary.

Any advice or thoughts would be helpfull

Hi and thanks Honeybee and Andy, yes I did mean 2012. She recieves pay slips ad hoc due to her working part time and access to her internal mail is not available.

What I am saying, she was not notified about this until now, payments already taken, errorr on behalf of local managers and payroll. She wanted to know when this overpayment happened and then arrange a suitable repayment IF there had been a overpayment.

Hello again.

Well, I think she's entitled to see how they've arrived at their figure to be deducted.

HB

I agree, surely any reasonable company would provide this information, if not, I be a bit worried.