EON has not applied given meter reads

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I moved into a flat at the beginning of the year, I called up and registered with Eon and gave them a meter read which is what they needed from me to sign up with them. I am now moving out in the next few weeks so decided to take a meter reading. I tried to put it in on my online account but it wouldn't accept the read saying it's inconsistent with the previous reading. Upon looking into my account I can see they have just been providing me bills from estimates, they never in fact applied my first meter reading when I moved in to our account. So, no my issue is that the actual meter reading is around 5000kwh higher than the last estimated meter read they billed me for in October. Clearly we haven't used this much, and looking through the bills they have sent they are all estimated from a point last year where the meter was read. This would therefore mean that the owed elec would fall to either the landlord or previous tenant, but how do I go about this? I obviously need to give them a final meter read, but it's going to land me with a massive bill, which wasn't my fault. They never applied my meter read in the beginning, I have it written down what it was when we moved in, but I don't want this to wind up being a 3rd party dispute.

Any one been in this situation or can help?

Thanks

Hi Jasmineboomtastic,

Have you ever given us any other readings apart from your start reads? Have you been taking regular reads at all?

If you have the reading from when you moved in you can contact us with this, you can then give us some up to date reads which will follow on.

It sounds like the whole account needs to be re-billed from the date that you moved in from your accurate reading. Is the start date of your account correct?

Best thing to do is to give us a call with that start reading and an up to date reading and we can take it from there.

Helena

Yes my start date is correct, I took a meter read about a month ago and again tried to add this online but it didn't go through, I just assumed the website had crashed, but now I realise that it was obviously due to the meter reads being inconsistent. I do have the meter read from the day we moved in.

If the account needs to be re-billed, will I just be responsible for the electricity (with my meter read when I moved in) for the dates I have lived there for?

It is a common "con" trick by suppliers to estimate reads as much as possible and to under estimate them. Then if you want to switch supplier you are hit with a massive bill preventing you from changing to a cheaper supplier. The supplier then as a Gesture of Goodwill allows you pay it off over a period of time as you are now hooked in for even longer. Many people get caught this way. :x

Thanks for coming back to me,

It's good that the start dates are correct, so you can give us a ring with your accurate start read and an up to date read and ask for the account to be billed.

If you've still got the read from a month ago that would be brilliant.

You can then give us an accurate read when you move out, so you will have only paid for the energy that you used.

Helena