British Gas- Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Hope someone can advise me.

Due to a run of bad luck and illness this year, i have found myself in debt to EON and British Gas.

EOn were fantastic, pre payment fitted and set at £5 per week on the debt as I am on benifits, job done.

British Gas, different story. Way back in June, spoke several times with BG, decided best option was a pre paynent meter. Letter of confirmation arrived, Paynent card arrived, then nothing. Severel phone calls later, several months passing by, and debt rising, was informed by British Gas, they could not fit pre payment as it wasn't their meter. They did not make any attempt to tell me this, it was only our phone calls that prompted this information.

So, on we go, early November now, they offered monthly direct debit, set way too high at £207 per month, but i didn't seem to have a choice. I have a few hundred quid and thought I could manage to pay a couple of months and hope for an upturn in fortunes. So, direct debit form arrives, I fill it in and send it off, then..........nothing, no direct debit set up. Now receiving disconnection notices. I have e mails, confirmation of pre payment meter, pre payment card, diarised phone call events.

I don't know if I could defend a warrant on the above information, but i would certainly turn up suited and booted, with all the information and give it my best shot. The problem is my meter is outside the house, very easily accessable. The question is, can they turn up and cut off the supply without a warrant as they would not have to gain access to the house, and any advise on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in anticipation.