Work related to Support

MuteBanana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd been on the Work related ESA for just over a year when I received a letter telling me that I was being moved to the Support group and my money would be going up.

A couple of weeks ago I received a general letter asking me to attend a meeting with a personal adviser at my local job centre. This wasn't out of the ordinary to me, I'd received this kind of letter before.

When I sat down with the woman she proceeded to tell me that she needed to verify my details to pass on to Avanta as I was on the Work related activity group. This completely stunned me and I could barely say anything beyond yes and no. I felt like I'd been railroaded into this without even being asked how I was doing or if I felt well enough to handle the pressures this development would cause.

When I got home I checked my bank account and discovered that my money had gone back to the reduced rate for Work related activity. I wasn't given any letter informing me of this change back.

I've emailed the job centre on their contact-us general email and explained what happened. I know that probably isn't the best way of contacting them but I get very nervous on the phone and find it difficult to explain things. I've yet to receive a reply, but I wondered if anyone here had any advice on what else I should do.

I've had two phone calls from Avanta today and I was too scared to pick up the phone. That has probably made things worse. I'm just so upset and angry that nobody bothered to see how I was doing.

Thanks for any information or advice

MB

Have you contacted the benefit delivery centre (their number is on any letter you receive about benefits) to ask what group you're actually in? Seems weird to me. If you're in the support group, you can choose to take part; but it's not mandatory.

Have you contacted the benefit delivery centre (their number is on any letter you receive about benefits) to ask what group you're actually in? Seems weird to me. If you're in the support group, you can choose to take part; but it's not mandatory.

I haven't called them, no. But the woman told me I was on the work related group and my money has gone down, so I just presume they've moved me back to it from the support group.

I haven't called them, no. But the woman told me I was on the work related group and my money has gone down, so I just presume they've moved me back to it from the support group.

Why don't you answer their call so you know exactly where you are because no one on here can help you but the dwp's for why they've changed your benefit I know it is scary and hard to cope with the dwp but that's the only way you will know and ironically would give you less stress and put your mind at rest for knowing 100%!

Don't be worrying yourself give them a ring!

Ah yes I did. About a month after I was told I was in the Support group I was sent the ESA50 which I filled out and sent back.

I never got invited to an assessment or receive a letter telling me of their verdict, so I guess that must be it. Whatever I put in the questionnaire obviously wasn't good enough. And yet here I am too scared to answer the phone.

I honestly cannot cope with whatever the work programme entails. Both mentally and physically. This is such a mistake.

Thanks for reminding me about the ESA50. I'd completely forgotten about it and assumed everything was fine.

Some people (such as myself) don't require an assessment and get into one of the groups on the basis of their ESA50 alone.

The ESA50 IS part of the work capability assessment - if you completed an ESA50 you have been assessed.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Ah yes I did. About a month after I was told I was in the Support group I was sent the ESA50 which I filled out and sent back.

I never got invited to an assessment or receive a letter telling me of their verdict, so I guess that must be it. Whatever I put in the questionnaire obviously wasn't good enough. And yet here I am too scared to answer the phone.

I honestly cannot cope with whatever the work programme entails. Both mentally and physically. This is such a mistake.

Thanks for reminding me about the ESA50. I'd completely forgotten about it and assumed everything was fine.

That seems harsh - having the reassessment process started one month after being put in the support group.

You have the option of appealing the decision putting you in WRAG.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

That seems harsh - having the reassessment process started one month after being put in the support group.

You have the option of appealing the decision putting you in WRAG.

Now that you point that out it does seem a little sudden. Very sudden in fact.