Insurer not dealing with liability claim for Pub policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have taken out insurance with an insurer for a pub. I am the manager and licencee of the pub. Then a lady parked in the pub car park to use a local shop. She slipped up and is now claiming under the liability section of the insurance policy.

Problem is that the owners of the pub and I do not have a legal agreement in place. No tenancy agreement exists in order to establish my responsibilites . There is a letter from the owners to myself but no formal written contract.

The insurance company are saying that I need one and without it they are refusing to deal with the claim.

Is there anything I can do to stop the lady claiming straight from me?

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved this thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some advice shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I think whoever owns the Pub will be responsible for any liability issue. You are purely a Manager and Licensee, so are only responsible for issues inside the Pub related to your employment.

Suggest that you deny having any responsibility for this issue in the car park, as you are only an employee, not owner of the property. Point the lady in the direction of the owners of the Pub and give the lady name/address details of the owner.

Your Insurers are correct that without you having any legal contract with the owner of the Pub, that an liability issues fall on the owner of the Pub to sort out.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks. Part of the problem is that the owner of the property is not a nice guy and is basically saying that as it was my responsibility to insure the pub he will not get involved.

Just give the lady the Pub owners name and address details. That is all that you have to do. If you don't then as your name is over the door with your Insurers not dealing, you will end up with a court claim being sent with your name on it.

Sounds like you have a rogue landlord and in this position, you should probably think about whether you want to continue as manager/licensee for much longer. With no formal tenancy agreement in place, you have to think about what you would do if something more serious happened. Perhaps you should seek some legal advice, from someone who deals with licensed premises.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread