• Tweets

• Hi,   My friend was being bullied by a manager who kept saying that anonymous people were complaining about her, she is asian and the minority where she works, she raised concerns in her meeting that she felt it had something to do with her race and gets treated differently to the rest of her colleagues due to off the cuff comments previously made and was told by her manager that as a minority she has to prove herself more as a minority in life and thats unfortunately the way it is. Following on from this they’re were more anonymous complaints all revolving around her attitude when speaking to the anonymous individual(s), she then had a meeting with hr initiated by her managwe and expressed her concerns, no outcome was given as the hr person said it was informal and a week later she has been told that she is being made redundant, my question is there were no specific incidents mentioned and my friend is still confused exactly how this came about but suspects it’s her manager who has taken a disliking to her, is this lawful?
    • Thanks for advice . I have spoken to the ICO , and their opinion is that there “may “ be cause for complaint . In the first instance I should write to the hospital (CEO)citing GDPR, giving them 30 days to respond . If the response is not to my satisfaction , then back to the ICO to raise a formal complaint . The ICO also suggested copying in the GMC with the complaint , I feel at present that is one step too far , perhaps I will sit on that until I get a reply from the hospital.
    • Thanks ethel and stu007   Yes, we had the kerb double dropped so me and my partner can park off the road. Before , just had one, and idiot would park in middle of properties so couldn't fit two cars on road outside. Has been issued a good 3 or 4 PCNs for obstructing since done. Its the back of the car, sometimes as far as a wheel but has a long boot/bumper which hangs over, so its not fully over. Recently seems to be as far as can without getting a ticket.   CCTV - shall read up thanks. Oh also, when I say 5 CCTV, that is 4 on property (100% out of boundary) and 1 in car which is lit up all night.   Does this count as harassment? The initial start of this thread, about 6 threatening letters asking me to pay for vehicle damage or court (nothing came of this) The constant parking annoyance (going on a couple of years) The loud music, witnessed by Env heath officer but not quite loud enough for notice, so letters sent. Paint 'accidentally' spilled on road outside my property (because was parked over our drive at time) Letters about rubbish outside my own garage at rear of properties and the 4 screws attaching bamboo to his fence. Then reported me for fly tipping, didnt go anywhere as officer agreed wasn't causing an issue. I have since sorted the screws and bamboo and idiots fence is literally falling apart. Concreting over 1/4 of my grass in rear lane whilst doing own part. Stupid things like having a BBQ and the parasol sticking way over the fence into my garden. All very subtle and annoying things to cause issues, without quite breaking the law.   The council are aware and claim powerless as own properties and the police pretty much are not interested.   What can be done?    Cheers   E!              
    • Hi, any thoughts on this would be greatful, will send tomorrow i think.. letter_15th_oct.pdf
  • Our picks

nat8808

Footman James / Close Premium Finance - Arrears notice + Default in single letter !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2443 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I've just received a letter from Close Premium Finance relating to my car insurance with Footman James. It first notifies me of being in arrears with them, slaps on a £40 fee for being in arrears and gives a future date on which to pay. Secondly, on a seperate page they serve a default notice! Both in the same letter, both with same doc ref and with the same date 04-Dec-2012.

Worse still is that I have not signed or entered into any agreement that I am aware of - in fact they sent a letter on 20th Nov 2012 asking me to sign the enclosed agreement as they hadn't received a signed agreement to that date. I never did sign it as it was the first I'd heard of this credit agreement.

When I bought the insurance back in October, completed the web form and made my first installment for the insurance on Footman James's website, I was under the impression that I was entering into a direct debit agreement with Footman James themselves (incidently, in hindsight, there was no Direct Debit logo or agreement terms, only a couple of boxes to enter my bank details) and that no third party was involved.

So, my questions:

What should my action be to avoid a false default being entered onto my credit file, considering I have NO agreement in place and what action should I take to highlight this as a problem (being entered into credit agreements without my permission) to whichever authority?

I'm pretty shocked by Footman James's behaviour here so will change insurer I think, obviously telling them why- they sent a letter before the weekend saying my insurance would be void on 14th Dec if I didn't pay Close Premium Finance!

Thanks !

Usually if they are granting insurance for a year, then unless you pay for the total amount up front then they are granting you credit (I may be wrong of course). When you fill out the details on the web site it normally asks you to tick a box if you agree to the terms and conditions. This is usually accepted as you 'signing' (electronically) the credit agreement. From what you have said however, it seems you didn't tick any boxes...It seems Close Premium Finance offer the 'credit' on behalf of Footman James (as they do not hold a credit licence)....

Do you not want the insurance now ? Have you written to them to query it ? If it gets to deadlock stage then you could always open a case with the Financial Ombudsman (who will charge Footman James £450 just to investigate your claim)

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Due the stress of the run up to xmas, I didn't come back on here to check on replies... sorry about that.

To reply to your post 42man, I did want the insurance.

I bought the insurance via an online form that I couldn't find a direct link to from their main homepage, yet Google brings it up. There were a couple of tick boxes on payment method at the end after the quote was given, to pay in full or to pay in installments via direct debit. I chose to pay in installments and was taken to new page with the direct debit logo and new boxes in which to enter my bank details for the direct debit along with a schedule of payments. There was no mention of Close Premium Finance or of agreeing to pass my details to any third party finance company or of anything other than a usual direct debit being set up between my bank and Footman James..

Close Premium's letter requesting that I sign the credit agreement as I hadn't yet done so (which shows that there was no option to digitally sign an agreement online) was the first I had heard of entering into any loan agreement.

I've since tried following the same online form all the way through to check how the form was worded but find it now stops at the quote point, asking you to call instead.

In typical fashon, I didn't take any action as I didn't know what action to take..... So far I've not heard anything more since Footman James cancelled the agreement at the beginning of January which left me without insurance for a couple of weeks (it's a second car I don't drive at the moment) until I got the money together to pay in full with another insurance company which happily turned out to be much cheaper after tweeking certain options which are never available online.

I've not yet checked my credit report to see if Close Premium Finance defaulted me for an agreement I didn't sign.. I've tried signing up for free or £2 credit report checks but seem to find the main companies obstruct an easy path to those if you've used them before, instead only offering rolling payments that cost a fair bit - am I missing something, perhaps I give up on their websites too soon?

I would in theory still like to complain to Footman James that my details were passed on to Close Premium without my consent but in a way don't see that it will amount to anything. Obviously, the more important thing is to check my credit report.