esa benefit rate query

Lucky7even
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received my award letter from the DWP and I have been automatically placed into the support group of ESA on contributions based.

I was swapped over from Incapacity Benefit.

I am slightly confused over my award.

It says that I will get £71 per week, plus the support group payment of £34 on top.

However, when I checked the benefit rates, it says that I should have been awarded £14.80 also extra for an enhanced disability premium, but there is no mention of this on my letter.

Do I contact DWP over this?

Confused.

:jaw:

Have a read of this http://www.dwp.gov.uk/adviser/updates/ib-reassessing-claims/ib-reassessment-process/

No one moving from their existing benefit to ESA will see a reduction in the level of their benefit entitlement at the point of change.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 4 weeks later...

i had the dreaded atos medical back in november, and it went very well.

the lady i had was very kind and sympathetic, she could see i was very upset in the interview.

when i got my copy of the esa85 atos medical report, it stated that i was to be placed into the support group for a review in the medium term which i undersand is around 2 years.

this is now where i am confused.

i received the decision letter from the dwp and i was awarded contributions based esa support group.

it states that I will receive £71 per week.

however when i checked at the benefit rates online, this is the assessment phase for which this will be for 13 weeks.

does this mean after 13 weeks my money will then go up to the full standard rate of £99 per week?

and does this mean that i will need to go for another medical after 13 weeks?

the letter is not clear if the £71 is the assessment phase.

i'm just confused by it all

:-(

Then the assessment rate shouldn't apply to you. Phone the DWP and ensure you will be getting the correct rate which is either the assessment rate+support group rate, or your old incapacity benefit rate - whichever is higher.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

will do one better then that i shall pop into my local benefit office tomorrow and query this; i knew it wasn't right when i saw what rate it was set at!!

it says in the award letter that its £71 per week, plus £34 for being in support group.

then on the benefit rates it says its £99 per week plus support!!??

i am getting less then i was on incapacity benefit!!

i shall ask them why am i on assessment rate!!??

why i am confused!!

Yes.

You should be getting £105 a week - £71 basic and £34 support group.

Unless the incap was higher than £105, in which case the higher amount should be paid.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• 3 months later...

I am currently on contributions based ESA support group.

I want to know if it is possible for me to swap to income related ESA.

My partner in the last financial year earnt around £26K.

Bearing in mind he pays the mortgage and most of the household bills.

We both have no savings, and he owns the property.

Would I be able to switch over to income related ESA?

The reason being is you can get more help for things if your on income related ESA.

Would it be possible?

I read somewhere else that you can request to be switched to ESA(IR) but they will only do this reluctantly and discourage you from doing so.

WARNING, ESA(IR) is a "means tested" benefit so they will take into account your partner's income which they will deem as sufficient for you both to live on and your ESA payments will cease (although your National Insurance contributions will continue to be paid for).

If it's help with healthcare costs and free prescriptions you're interested in, you may be entitled to some help if you and your partner's joint disposable income falls below the threshold amount, in this case you can be issued with a HC2 certificate under the NHS Low Income Scheme

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

• 4 months later...

I had a benefit medical in November 2012.

They said I was unfit for work and I was placed onto contributions based ESA with support group.

When I got my award letter, it stated that I was going to get £71 per week, plus £34 per week support group plus an extra £5 per week top op (didnt state what this was).

I am confused though.

On the benefit site it says ESA is £99 per week, plus support group.

This means I have been getting £20 a week less.

Am I right?