Credit Acceptance Corp UK Ltd / Marlin Financial Services

amlania
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i have received a letter from Marlin after my debt has been classified as Statute Barred stating i owe them money.

I received the letters from Credit Acceptance Corp UK Ltd stating they will not contact me further and correct my credit report. This was 6 months ago.

I have stupidly disposed of those letters and now need some proof that the debt is classified as statute barred so marlin stop harassing me.

When i wrote to them stating that the debt has been classified as SB they said that they HAD NOT received any letters from Credit Acceptance Corp UK Ltd stating the debt has been classified as SB and they are asking me to send the letters. They also stated that the debt is NOT classified as statute barred as i have made payment on 10th August 2010!? I have made no payments and do not understand how this can come up now after the debt has been SB and credit report corrected / adjusted.

I am now looking for Credit Acceptance Corp UK Ltd tel number and cant find it anywhere. I have found one number CACUK but it does not connect.

Any advice in dealing with this matter will be of great help and what would you recommend my next move to be?

Many thanks in advance...

Hi

You say classified as SB. It is iother SB or it isn't.

They need to prove that alleged payment came from you...i.e. it up to them to prove that it is not SB.

Write to them and tell them that you want full details of this alleged 2010 payment.

If it was by cheque you want the issuing bank, the cheque number, and full details of the account it was drawn on.

If it was by card then you want the card type, the card number etc. etc.

Hi There,

It is classified as statute barred and i did get a letter from Credit Acceptance Corp UK Ltd stating that and that they will not contact me, but lost those letters. The question is where can i get proof that this is statute barred as i don't have the paperwork.

Thanks for your help.

Just a simple 1 line letter to them.

The onus is on you to prove its not SB, I will not enter into any further correspondence with your company.

Address it to the Compliance manager and head it, I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

Jogs

And please file complaints to the OFT&TS regarding them fraudulently claiming that a fake payment was made,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there,

Time for an update...

I have today received a letter from Marlin stating that because i did not contact them within reasonable time they are now passing my details to Mortimer and Clark for legal action.

I am still baffled as to how they are still trying to chase this debt!

Also as mentioned before i do not have the statute barred letters from Credit Acceptance Corp and for the life of me and can not find a working telephone number for the as well. Is there any way that i could contact Experian or Equifax and ask the for the statute barred or removal requests received from this company.

Also on the letter it says Original creditor: "Credit Acceptance Corp UK LTD" and under that it says "MCE PORTFOLIO LTD" does this mean that Credit Acceptance has sold on a statute barred debt?

Also should i now ask for a statement of where that phantom payment came from?

I just want these people to stop harassing me and all the other innocent people just trying to get on with their lives!

Many thanks!

Edited by amlania

Hi yes it sounds like it!

Just send the following by recorded delivery to the compliance manager ay Marlin

Dear sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding the alleged debt for£xxxx.xx I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you may claim to represent this matter has been passed around the dreggs of the debt collection ''industry'' for some time thos who have attempted to collect this have been informed that any such alleged debt is statute barred and I will not be making any payment.

Please be aware the the onus of proof that this allged debt is not statute barred lies entirely on Marlin and it is not for me to prove that it is statute barred.

Final Response.

send recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm thinking one department is not communicating with another at Marlin, if you van find the letters send copies with the letter drafted.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

That's all I can find I will ask a colleague who works wonders on questions like this, being a weekend there may be some delay.

That's all I can find I will ask a colleague who works wonders on questions like this, being a weekend there may be some delay.

Trust me I will wait your help is much appreciated thank you so much.

Hello,

Marlin and their in house solicitor Mortimer Clarke will, from my experience, tell you that black is white. Don't believe a word they tell you.

They will issue proceedings without any paperwork in the hope of a default judgement and then try to wriggle out misquoting legislation.

After my run in with them I complained to Sussex Police that they had commited oiffences under the Fraud Act and spent some time talking to as DS at Worthing, I was told that they had a lot of complaints but proving fraud was difficult.

Marlin starred in a dispatches programme on channel 4 a couple of years ago, they proved on film that they are not honest. I am sure you can google it and it should be archived on you tube or similar.

Martin g

Thanks Cerberus, just trying to trace any successsors or admistrators to get copies of documents.