Debt Managers Ltd Letter & old Kays A/C- i've already paid wetcloths!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2906 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This week I received a letter from Debt Managers Ltd at my dads house saying the following:

Dear Miss XXXX XXXXXX

Our ref:

Re: Miss XXXX XXXXXX

We are attempting to contact the above named person and our client's recent investigations have resulted in your details being obtained from a credit reference agency. Your address has been provided by them due to a link with the data our client holds, as a possible new address for the person we are wishing to contact.

To verify that you are the person we are wishing to contact, or if you believe you are not the subject, please contact us urgently on 0843 2168300 so that our records can be updated appropriately.

If we do not receive a response to this letter within 7 days, we will assume the link is correct and further communication will be made.

Yours Sincerely,

Debt Management LTD

This is worrying the hell out of me, as in the summer of this year I was contacted by Wescot Credit Services at my dads address about a Kays Catalogue debt I had paid off through them in 2009 (the debt originated in 2007), saying it was still outstanding. I disputed the debt, and after a month of trying to find proof I did pay it, I called them back only to be told the debt had been withdrawn from them. So I'm thinking this is to do with the same thing, though it doesn't say ANYTHING about what this supposed debt is.

I understand I should send them a letter asking for proof and not to call them, but I'm worried someone will turn up at my dads house, and he is 75 and not very well. If it's about the Kays account try as I might I can't find proof I paid it as letter from 2009 are long gone due to moving.

hi CC

dont worry about the doorsteppers

they are not bilffs and have NO LEGAL POWERS.

you CRA file might tell be worth getting.

most cat debts are all charges anyway

that you can reclaim&

you'll prob have their PPI too as it was compulsory with kays from that period

wetcloth probably pocketed your money thats why its outstanding.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you have proof of payng this off in full?

When a DCA does not state what they are chasing ignor until they do.

.As dx100 said check credit reference files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That should be enough proof, best wait now and see what DM are chasing before going further.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I had exactly the same letter weeks ago, followed by a letter about a week later, threatening a doorstep visit. I ignored both letters and approx 5 weeks later, I haven't received any further letters or visits.

The second letter did mention who the original debt was owed to.

I think by responding you'd be playing into their hands, I believe that by not responding, they will move onto the next unsuspecting poor victim.

QB