alesypalsy

default past 6 years sold on

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2506 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

i had quite a few defaults on debts to my name but they have all dropped off my credit history now and no ccj's

apart from one cahoot bank account overdraught which was 2600 pounds,

it has a non payment in the feb if 2006,

then goes in number form up to 6 from 1-6 months,

then it contuines showing number 6 until feb 2007 when it then shows a D

so even though i defaulted in feb 2006 it only shows a Default 1 year later!

I also noticed a few searches by debt companys,

is this normal to have a default listed a year later?

as i am now nearly 7 years past any defaults and was hoping to get my life in order but it seems i stiill cannot as this one still showing, how odd

any advise

thanks

Since it will drop off next February anyway, it's probably not worth worrying about. You could write to the creditor and ask them to amend the date but it's likely to be gone before they get around to it, if they agree. If they didn't agree you would have to go to the ICO, which would take at least a couple of months.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Since it will drop off next February anyway, it's probably not worth worrying about. You could write to the creditor and ask them to amend the date but it's likely to be gone before they get around to it, if they agree. If they didn't agree you would have to go to the ICO, which would take at least a couple of months.

This really is a most helpful site, thanks very much for your swift responce, i really appreciate it, and i also thought pretty much the same thing as feb i will be clear, only thing now i wonder if i will ever be able to apply for credit again with any of the old creditors that lent me money before? as one day who knows,

Many thanks for your help

Hi all,

i had quite a few defaults on debts to my name but they have all dropped off my credit history now and no ccj's

apart from one cahoot bank account overdraught which was 2600 pounds, it has a non payment in the feb if 2006, then goes in number form up to 6 from 1-6 months, then it contuines showing number 6 until feb 2007 when it then shows a D so even though i defaulted in feb 2006 it only shows a Default 1 year later!

I also noticed a few searches by debt companys, is this normal to have a default listed a year later? as i am now nearly 7 years past any defaults and was hoping to get my life in order but it seems i stiill cannot as this one still showing, how odd

any advise

thanks

Defaults should be placed within 6 months of the cause of action which within 6 months of the date when a pyment was due and no made, after which no urther payment was made, so a complaint yo the data controller of the creditor that placed the default as it is unfair.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks again Brigadier2jcs! you have once again helped me out of a bind!

I am all clear on the credit file soon then, and i guessed it wasnt right that they could default me a year later!, I doubt i will write to anyone as its only feb 2013 now and i wil have nothing on my credit file,

does this mean i could then apply for a mortgage or would there still be records on the banks i had problems with computers?

cheers

The fact that this default goes is unlikely to make a great difference to a mortagage application, lenders increasingly look to much longer periods of good++ credit management, so depending on the other factors on your credt files you may need to build a credit profile over a couple of years or so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes understood and thank you once agan for your help here,

merry christmas indeed

A very happy Christmas with NO DEFAULTS IN LESS THAN A COUPLE OF MONTHS|!!:lol: