Power2contact made a visit and spoke tosomeone else by mistake

Nagasis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Flat mate had a letter from powerless 2 contact stating they would be making a visit about an account. He wrote the std letter withdrawing his consent for them to visit but they have ignored it and visited on wednesday just gone.

However I went to the door and stated that I wasnt the person he was asking for. The p2c rep stated I must have been him as I came to the door. He didn't ask amy security questions or supply any identification and proceeded to discuss the account, arrears and tried to get me to speak to the oc on the p2c reps phone and take a payment.

I told him I wouldnt be doing anything or even discussing the account and so he left in a huff.

My flat mate is livid and has wrote a complaint to p2c and the ICO. However he is not happy with just doing that as p2c will just ignore the complaint and the ico are toothless. So he has issued a LBA for breach of data protection and intends to commence proceedings in 14 days from last wednesday.

He want to complain to the OFT but I cant find the email address so does anybody have the postal or email address to complain to the OFT?.

Google oft complaint form on the site

It's still worth reporting to the ICO and a formal complaint to the data controller at P2C.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The OFT also won't care.

The best thing to have done it so start the county court claim - well done.

How much is he asking for?

I hope that he asked for a modest figure - if they don't cave it, then he should send the judgment to the ICO and the OFT. Then there is a chance they may take notice.

The claim hasn't been issued yet and will be done on the 19th Dec.

Thanks for the links to the oft, he will do that within the next couple of days.

He is going to be complaining to the oc (natwest) as they are responsible for the actions of their third party reps also. Additionally he will be complaining further and again to natwest who ignored his complaints that he had lost his job and could not afford the overdraft fees. They added the fees which meant he went over the OD limit and they have continually charged £6 per day for the last 3 months. They refuse to help at all. Even ignored 2 seperate i&e forms.

Any way the figure he is asking for is £1000 which is the figure ive always used for breaches of data protection although no claim has been issued as of yet. The claim wont cost a penny as he unemployed and is more than happy to commence..

dont forget bcobs too on those fees,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Powerless2Contact, acting with impunity AGAIN!

Good on you for dragging these parasites to court, ignoring the implied rights of access can be seen as a tort of trespass, no idea how much compo that would attract, the more who take this course of action the sooner this sleazy industry will be forced to clean up it's act. Local MP, BBC Watchdog, local Press, for a few more to complain too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this

Complaints were made to ico, OFT, p2c and Natwest as the OC.

Have had acknowledgement from the ICO and P2c. P2c state they are investigating.

Couldnt care less what p2c say as POC's are being written as we speak and will be ready straight after new year.