style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, don't know where to post this so here goes, my daughter took on a house by a private landlord , he wanted rent in advance and a bond, she told him she didn't have all the money up front so he accepted a months rent in advance and so much bond and said she could pay the rest when she had it as he just wanted someone in the property,

She no sooner moved in he started pestering her for the rest of the bond, she told him she didn't have it until after Christmas, she had a months rent due on her old property which was to be paid to the landlord for that house, he suggested my daughter phone housing benefits and tell them to send rent directly to her so that she could give him it to cover the bond,

She refused saying that would be fraud , he then phoned housing benefits himself and tried to get this rent which was for previous landlord,he then started turning up at the house an at one point started swearing at my daughter then phoned housing benefits swearing at them over this bond, he has been going to the door banging and knocking for 15 minutes at a time my daughter is too frightened to answer the door.

She has been to see housing benefits and the police, as he has now give her a section 21 of the housing act, this the housing benefits has said is wrong , it is not section 21 for this case, he has now been to my door threatening he needs to speak to her before he goes to the police to have her charged for deception ,fraud, and all sorts ,should he being doing this as he spoke very loud so that my neighbors could hear him,should i report him for this and does it go against the data protection, it was almost as though he was threatening me.

Lot of info, short on detail. Start with date dau commenced Tenancy, fixed term, amounts paid & when, rent due monthly? Rent amount & HB payment?

LL can serve s21 at anytime during T, but it will be invalid if any deposit not protected & prescribed info not provided.

LL was wrong to suggest diverting last HB, but why did she vacate last T?

There is a lot HB dept could poss do if dau contacts the right person eg guarantee bond if they operate such scheme.

Also suggests LL did not do credit checks. Without 1 month adv rent and full deposit it is going to be harder for any T to find new accom.

LL could have just accepted 1 month rent and deferred deposit, but then he would not have had any security.

The council are dealing with the landlord and my daughter , i am more concerned with him turning up at my door making threats to me about what he intended to do to my daughter, she left her last tenancy as it was too big and she couldn't afford heating bills.

Hi, since writing this my daughter has again had to go to police about this man, she has been advised to give him no money and has been told it is his own fault as he let her move into the house with paying the bond,he cannot now claim a bond, police where going to see him to tell him he can no longer visit my daughter without prior appointment and he is not to come to my home again, the reason she went to the police is because he went to her ex father in laws saying he needed the bond as it is his son,s birthday and he needed it for that, he also called police saying my daughter wouldn't pay rent , housing benefit have paid him direct and say no arrears on that account,banging on her door again for 15 minutes at a time making neighbor,s come out and ask him to stop,since moving into this house my daughters life has become hell through this land lord, hopefully now he has had a visit from police he will stop, council are moving her application for house along fast to get her away from him.