style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2503 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I work at a well known retail clothes store where a manager grabbed me when i was behind the tills with force and dragged me out, the reason for this was as lockers are shared i went to get my bag from mine to go on my break and then return the key to the person who the locker was shared with, her reason for dragging me was because i had my bag behind the tills however she gave me no warning before that and I wasn't doing anything other than giving the keys back

I then brought the issue up with head manager as i was shook with what happened and thought it should be sorted out as i didn't want to go back to work with a manager who behaved that way with me

A further meeting was arranged with the head manager and a security guard to see what had been done, at the meeting he said that they are giving me 3 days to make a final decision whether I would be taking the issue up with head office or not, at the meeting they accused me of being behind the tills with my bag on other occasions which just isn't true, they said they had witnesses, implying i could get sacked if i did decide to take further action, he also said "you're very good at twisting peoples words" and said that I gestured with my hand for her to stay away before she grabbed me and they have witnesses but this isn't true either... Was just looking for some advice on what actions to take as i feel as if everyone is ganging up on me and i am being bullied for doing nothing wrong.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I think you would receive good advice on the employment forum here and will move your thread. There will be a short term redirect from this forum.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do they have CCTV on the tills ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes but I have no idea how to access this and it seems like all the other staff/managers and security seem unwilling to help

Irrespective of the whole 'bag behind the tills' business, the manager had no right to touch you without permission, and could easily face an assault investigation on that basis. Both management and security should know better.

As for the allegation that you have had the bag behind the tills previously, I would say that they would actually have to catch you doing that in order to take action. CCTV? You don't have automatic access, but could (and possibly should) make a formal request for a copy of that portion of footage which shows the event under the Data Protection Act (they are entitled to charge £10 for that).

Quite importantly - how long have you been there and how much do you want to stay there?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi

On the CCTV issue these PDFs may be of some help:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

at the meeting they accused me of being behind the tills with my bag on other occasions which just isn't true, they said they had witnesses, implying i could get sacked if i did decide to take further action.

If that is the case I'd call their bluff and raise the issue before they sack you. It's obvious that the relationship between you and your employer is damaged so it's better to take action and limit the damage to your career.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Under no circumstances does anyone have the right to put a hand on you. That is assault and well they know it which is why they are ganging up and trying to intimidate you.

Personally on a matter of principle I would make a formal complaint and let them know that you are aware you could also be bringing a charge of assault against the manager which you still could do if it is not resolved internally.

DJ

Hi

Have to support dj1971 on there comments fully agree.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Nit Picking but putting a hand on someone is actually a battery, for a battery to take place there must have been an assult which is the immediate and reasonable threat to the person.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.