liverbird37

IS10 form ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have just been awarded middle rate care component and qualify for the SDP. I have phoned the DWP on many occasions requesting an IS10 form, but never seem to receive any.

Is it possible for the form to be collected from a Jobcentre plus office ? Getting fed up now of constantly having to phone on an 0845 number to be told they have no idea why I haven't received this form.

Was told by DWP that the form can be found online, but have had no luck trying to find it. Is the only way of getting one to keep phoning to request it ?

Many thanks in advance for any help you are able to offer me.

JCP don't hold form IS10 as it is a benefit related form and you are not able to download it as far as I am aware.

Yes, unlikely to be found online and not the sort of thing Jobcentres would have, as Flumps said.

I'd call them again and ask for a callback from the processing centre, as the call centre staff who actually answer the phone might not have access to the forms either. For a processor, it's a matter of routine to find one of these and post it out - I would send out several a week.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

No idea what the form was called but I had no problem at all getting it. Once I was awarded MRC I phoned my BDC, who handle my ESA, and said I wanted to claim the SDP. They then sent me the form within a few days. Whatever it's called, it's got to be the most simple and basic form ever to come out of the DWP.

No idea what the form was called but I had no problem at all getting it. Once I was awarded MRC I phoned my BDC, who handle my ESA, and said I wanted to claim the SDP. They then sent me the form within a few days. Whatever it's called, it's got to be the most simple and basic form ever to come out of the DWP.

Yes, it is. Both BDCs I worked in had a stack of them, and it was simple to put one in an envelope and post it. I suspect what's happening is that the contact centre staff don't have access and don't really know what they're for, plus you're supposed to enter into the computer the fact that you've sent one, which they probably can't do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

antone you hit the nail on the head!

the contact centre telephony team will email the request to the BC for action but at present the BC's are up to their necks dealing with HOTTs from the JCP as the new sanction regime isn't going too smoothly!

You are all complete stars. You were also spot on about where you think things may have gone wrong.

Asked for a call back, and it was confirmed that the telephone advisor did need to make some special request in order to gain access to the form. Thanks to all your advice, I have now managed to get the form requested.

Am incredibly grateful for all the advice given. I would have had no idea how to sort this if not for your help, as nobody from call centre could understand why they continually weren't being recieved.

I think I'd better stop giving Mr Postie suspicious looks now lol

Well, this is starting to drive me nuts now. Yet another form was sent out a week ago and I've not received that one either.

I have been told today that yet another would be sent out today, and she is guaranteeing this one should arrive. The only thing that's really annoyed me about this, is that today the lady who took my call informed me that they can only backdate the SDP for one month. Well I've been trying so long to get this damn form that it's now not far off 2mths since my MCR was awarded.

Is this information correct ? If so, do you think I may have a chance of appealing this due to the issue of the forms never arriving ? They do have on computer all the dates the forms were requested, so they can see I have genuinely tried to get this sorted.

Would seem mightily unfair for me to lose payments because of an issue not of my making.

I can't answer this question definitively, so please take this answer with a grain of salt. However, if I were a DWP DM, or a welfare adviser working with a claimant I'd see it this way:

The one month limit applies starting from the date of the change of circumstances which gave rise to the possible SDP award, or the date the claimant notified the department of the change if that date is later. In your case, the change is your award of DLA MRC, so you could not seek backdating for more than one month before the date you informed the DWP of this award.

But the current problems are not of your making. You did inform them and request the correct form, and since a) the DWP won't make the award without the form; b) You informed them in good time and asked for the form; and c) they haven't sent it to you then I'd say you have a case for backdating at least to the date you originally told them about it.

The computer system might not be happy, and this is something I kinda mentioned earlier - the fact that an IS10 has been issued is something that should be specifically recorded in the system, and probably something that the regular contact centre staff can't do. It's supposed to be recorded in order to avoid problems like the one you're now experiencing.

Anyhow, as I said, don't take this as Gospel - I haven't worked there in a while now. But my feeling is you should be OK to backdate for a couple of months at least.

• Haha 1

Just an update. All the IS10 forms requested, strangely all turned up on the same day just before Xmas. I decided to write a brief note explaining the difficulties I had had trying to obtain the forms. I thought this might help a bit.

Thankfully, have yesterday had confirmation that they have processed the premium, and have backdated the payments to the 5th November, the date when the care component was awarded.

I want to say a huge thank you to you all once again, for taking the time to help me. I am extremely grateful.

Glad things finally got sorted!