kensington being very unfair....

Polly32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

or should i leave it and carry on with the plea which was drafted up by Ellen

Hello Polly.

I don't know if Ell-enn's around this evening.

Following Shelter's advice will give you a different outcome. What do you think is right for you or your best solution would you say?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do both.

Present the information as Ell has provided for you - but get Shelter to write that letter informing the court that an application for MRS will be made.

In the interim, whilst the application is being considered (it can take a very long time - and they can refuse at the end of it), you should continue to make the payments you have offered. If MRS fails to come to the rescue, then you will at least still be in with a chance to keep your home by keeping to the agreed payments.

You can do both.

Present the information as Ell has provided for you - but get Shelter to write that letter informing the court that an application for MRS will be

In the interim, whilst the application is being considered (it can take a very long time - and they can refuse at the end of it), you should continue to make the payments you have offered. If MRS fails to come to the rescue, then you will at least still be in with a chance to keep your home by keeping to the agreed payments.

thank you i will do both buy back would be great and would result in bein stress free and i know it can told a while i will make the payments as i have proposed and look into the buy back would. im so glad i found this group i know ive not been the easiest of people but finally got my head on and started understanding it all. i just want too thank u all . will let wot know the out come

hi just an update

i got aan 8 week ajournment to apply for mortgage rescue scheme ,

i would just like to thank each and everyone of you that has helped me especailly ell-en its been quite an emotional time

but i can now see light at the end of the tunnel

a long way to go yet but theres a little glimmer,,

without this group i wouldnt know where id of been so a huge thank u xxx

Hi, that's great news Polly - well done :) Make sure you keep in contact with the mortgage rescue people and don't wait till the last minute to find out what's happening - also, you must keep making the payments you offered just in case the MRS takes longer than 8 weeks - this will help your case if you need to ask the judge for longer to complete the rescue.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 8 months later...

Hi I had got advice last yr about my mortgage with kensignton.

I had an susspended order given and failed to si i applied to court againay £20 so the so was broken

I went backto court in feb this yr

I did everything I was told and I had been told to apply for mrs scheme by shelter.

The judge granted the so untill mrs was sorted only in aug I found out it wasnt happening.

Ive recieved a letter stating that an application for a warrant has been applied for and I will receive it in the post.

So I took myself to local housing and she told me I wouldnt be able to do the n244 form again .

Is this the case or can I do so.

Im at my wits end with this company.

Any help would b much appreciated .

Thanks polly xc

have you ever sent Kenny's an SAR to get ALL the statements?

they were very heavily fined of recent for not treating customers fairly.

have been adding arrears & management fees?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

No never done that im pretty sure they have been charging me per month though.

Im just stuck at what to do now. .can I get another n244 or have I lost my chance.

The lady from council told me I have no optionbut to walk away as they will come an kick me out.

She wants me to go back tomorrow with a payment plan soshe can help me

FYI:

Hi

Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...y-the-FSA.html

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/commun...2010/065.shtml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...mortgages-fine

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes srorry I don't know why I've never seen this thread

el-lenn might be around in a mo too.

dx

and they

Hi Polly, if you apply to the court on an N244 what will you be offering ? can you make monthly payments plus something towards the arrears?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

How many years are left on the mortgage?

At £90 per month towards the arrears you might just get away with it under the Norgan case law (arrears can be repaid over the remaining term of the mortgage).

Why did the lady at the housing think you couldn't submit an N244 again ?

I took my letters with me and she read them . After she finished she said thats it your out why have u done his.

She then proceeded to say its has been applied for there is no way you can get the n244 its to late.

She rang solicitors on my behalf and im not sure what they said but she came off saying warrant has been applied for .

I donr like dealing with her I tried to say the.letters I had are the same as last time and the solicitor said if mrs failed that I would be back.in court to have the norgan terms agredd she didnt know.what that was an still said you cant they will lock up and have you out ; (

Got myself in a state in there

You can apply for as many stays as you want - whether you get one or not will be up to the judge. Whoever gave you that dud information should be reported to her manager as she's wrong.

It will be up to the judge, period.

I am not saying that you'll succeed however, it will depend on your reasons for defaulting again, and how many stays you've already had - and how badly you've defaulted, and why...

The lady in queation is the senior manager of her departmant her card says that.

She is awful . Im feeling better knowin that I can apply again also aware the judge may say no.i just want my chance to explain. I will wait for the date an apply.

Im currwntly intalks with someone who may buy to let with a five yr contract so fingers crossed for that.

Thank u for your help an for making mless stressed

Hi Polly, is it a buy to let company? be careful, they usually only offer 75% of the value (or less in some cases)