hhh_88873

Intentionally rammed but driver not the insured owner

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok so I was recently intentionally rammed by a guy who then made off with out stopping. (I was on foot in front of the car)

My knee has been pretty seriously damaged and will require a full cartilage transplant and will be undergoing surgery soon.

My question is this. The driver was disqualified (for the third time) and wasnt insured. Hes been charged with assault, ABH, driving while uninsured, driving while disqualified, failing to stop and failing to report.

My two questions are these:- despite being identified by myself and the owner of the takeaway where the guy was working, hes pleaded not guilty and been sent to crown court. potentially what could he be looking at?

and second obviously civil proceedings have been initiated and the insurance comapany that insured the car have admitted liability without prejudice whice im told means theyll pay out and then try and sue the guy who was driving. Is this actually a realistic thing for them to do? Id have thought they insured the named party and no one else? ie, not the guy who was driving at the time??

:-) V Newcastle City Council £60 Civil Enforcement overturned 2007

:-) V Capital One £300 of unfair charges revoked 2009

:-) V Nationwide £270 of Bank Charges Revoked 2010

:-) V Moorcroft Debt Collection £130 Charges Revoked 2010

:-) V Manchester City Council £75 Parking charge Revoked 2010

:-) V Former employer Undisclosed settlement forced after unfair dismissal 2011

Same for if the car was stolen and ploughed into your garden wall or a lamppost for example the insurer of the vehicle picks up the bill