• Tweets

• Hi,   My friend was being bullied by a manager who kept saying that anonymous people were complaining about her, she is asian and the minority where she works, she raised concerns in her meeting that she felt it had something to do with her race and gets treated differently to the rest of her colleagues due to off the cuff comments previously made and was told by her manager that as a minority she has to prove herself more as a minority in life and thats unfortunately the way it is. Following on from this they’re were more anonymous complaints all revolving around her attitude when speaking to the anonymous individual(s), she then had a meeting with hr initiated by her managwe and expressed her concerns, no outcome was given as the hr person said it was informal and a week later she has been told that she is being made redundant, my question is there were no specific incidents mentioned and my friend is still confused exactly how this came about but suspects it’s her manager who has taken a disliking to her, is this lawful?
    • Thanks for advice . I have spoken to the ICO , and their opinion is that there “may “ be cause for complaint . In the first instance I should write to the hospital (CEO)citing GDPR, giving them 30 days to respond . If the response is not to my satisfaction , then back to the ICO to raise a formal complaint . The ICO also suggested copying in the GMC with the complaint , I feel at present that is one step too far , perhaps I will sit on that until I get a reply from the hospital.
    • Thanks ethel and stu007   Yes, we had the kerb double dropped so me and my partner can park off the road. Before , just had one, and idiot would park in middle of properties so couldn't fit two cars on road outside. Has been issued a good 3 or 4 PCNs for obstructing since done. Its the back of the car, sometimes as far as a wheel but has a long boot/bumper which hangs over, so its not fully over. Recently seems to be as far as can without getting a ticket.   CCTV - shall read up thanks. Oh also, when I say 5 CCTV, that is 4 on property (100% out of boundary) and 1 in car which is lit up all night.   Does this count as harassment? The initial start of this thread, about 6 threatening letters asking me to pay for vehicle damage or court (nothing came of this) The constant parking annoyance (going on a couple of years) The loud music, witnessed by Env heath officer but not quite loud enough for notice, so letters sent. Paint 'accidentally' spilled on road outside my property (because was parked over our drive at time) Letters about rubbish outside my own garage at rear of properties and the 4 screws attaching bamboo to his fence. Then reported me for fly tipping, didnt go anywhere as officer agreed wasn't causing an issue. I have since sorted the screws and bamboo and idiots fence is literally falling apart. Concreting over 1/4 of my grass in rear lane whilst doing own part. Stupid things like having a BBQ and the parasol sticking way over the fence into my garden. All very subtle and annoying things to cause issues, without quite breaking the law.   The council are aware and claim powerless as own properties and the police pretty much are not interested.   What can be done?    Cheers   E!              
    • Hi, any thoughts on this would be greatful, will send tomorrow i think.. letter_15th_oct.pdf
  • Our picks

timeforachange

changing from british gas to co op

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi ive recently applied to change provider from british gas to co op after the steep increases in british gas charges currently im looking at saving around 40pounds per month i receive both gas and electric.

as i have 200pound outstanding however will this have any effect on the switch over?

also im concerned in regards to the final british gas bill as im due to receive the bill at the end of this month. Will i need to clear the full balance before im allowed to switch or could i set up a payment plan with british gas to clear the remainder? or will the transfer be cancelled.

regards,

timeforachange

no i think BG allow any figure now

used to be £500

but i know someone that switched with £1100 debt to BG with no issues

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

ahh ok then do you know what the process is after would they accept payment plans or is it the usual let it go to an agency then set up the plan with them?

i just had this concern tha bg would refuse the switchover and in turn demand a full payment rather than accepting my monthly dd and before i know it im left wih no gas and electric. co op prices seem a hundred times better though. when i phoned british gas they tried to tell me i had to setle the full balance before i would be allowed to so i just applied sraight to co op

ahh ok then do you know what the process is after would they accept payment plans or is it the usual let it go to an agency then set up the plan with them?

They can refuse the transfer if you have a balance over 28 days that is over £250. I think it has changed, or is about to, as someone else pointed out, to £500. Unless you are making payments on the outstanding balance expect your credit score to get murdered.

im making monthly payments of 105 towards it.

so if they refuse the transfer would they just continue to provide my electricity and gas or just close down my account and then leave me with nothing?

thanks

im making monthly payments of 105 towards it.

so if they refuse the transfer would they just continue to provide my electricity and gas or just close down my account and then leave me with nothing?

thanks

They would just decline the transfer. You would still have a supply.

You will find out about the new utility switching rules in the October CAG Newsletter.. which you can find

HERE

It is the 12th article ..

You can also read more information on the following CAG thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?366355-New-rules-will-allow-switching-for-pre-payment-customers-with-arrears-of-up-to-%C2%A3500

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They can refuse the transfer if you have a balance over 28 days that is over £250. I think it has changed, or is about to, as someone else pointed out, to £500. Unless you are making payments on the outstanding balance expect your credit score to get murdered.

no it has now changed

i've just switched - OD is over +£1k

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

hi dx are you planning on clearing that balance in one go? or are you seting up some form of payment arrangement

prob PP

i actually moved within the BG establishment

the smarthomes team gave me an incredible deal

better than anything else by far.

the debt is owed to a totally sep BG company

i'd tried for 18mts to switch within or without

always blocked.

dx

dx

spreadsheets 

ahh ok well i've opted to switch to co op by far the best deal with about 500 in debt to BG. ive got a paymen due to bg on the 21st december but the switch is due on the 9th january as bad as it is im tempted to cancel the dd for the final payment as the 500 includes that payment and just lump it in with a payment arrangement

hi i just go the following worded the same for both electricity and gas advising (my balance in total is 200pounds)

We can't transfer your electricity/gas until you pay your outstanding balance

Hello

All of our customers are important to us and we're sorry you're thinking of leaving us. Before you decide to switch suppliers you might find one of our other tariffs suits you better.

We can't start your transfer yet as there's an outstanding balance on your account. You need to pay this within the next five working days from the date of this email – click on the button below or call us on 0800 107 0224*. Please have your up to date meter reading ready and your Customer Reference Number to hand when you contact us.

If your payment is received within the next five working days, we can still transfer you. If you don't pay in time, you'll need to contact your new supplier and ask them to send a transfer request again.

If you're not sure how to read your meter, you'll find help

thanks

neither was mine

why not phone ofgem and ask?

dx

spreadsheets 

just dropped them an email. The strange thing is though british gas have cancelled my web access so i cant see any of my bills and they'v also cancelled my direct debit which i find very strange if they aint accepting my transfer request.

i dont understand why they would stop my direct debit the only payment they receive and why they would cancel my access as i now have no access to my bills.

you could be right

dx

spreadsheets 

i'll call them tomorrow and find out more and update. Just seems a pointless exercise but the email states resubmit the request to the new provider if not paid in 5 days. either way if they refused the transfer i need to get the direct debit in place again.

I did contact british gas today and the saff member said my account is closed and i will receive my final bill in 30 days then this mail at 9pm after the offices are closed.

vry unusual may be a badly worded attempt at keeping m as a customer but at the same time why say ive got 5 days else the request will be refused.

it may be a bad attempt at keeping me as a customer in which case i need to get it sent to ofgem so they are aware of the poor practice.