Rhysthe1

How do I get exemption from car tax!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2506 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all ! I just got my blue badge and taxi card all in the same week after a mobility test which scored me 32 what ever that means" but I'm on low rate mobility and high rate care! How do I get exemption from car tax! It all seems very confusing ? Many thanks ps I also got congestion zone free zone how can this be if I'm on low rate!

I thought you had to have HRM to get a car classed as disabled.I took the HRM certificate and log book to the Post office and they gave me tax on the spot and they sent the log book off to have the taxation class changed to disabled.

You need to be on HRM for the disabled car tax.

You need High Rate Motability not low.. sorry

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

When you first get HRM they send you an exemption certificate (as far as i cam remember, unless it was just details on how to get one), and as quoted above you must change the tax class of your car from PLG to disabled.

If you have a Motability car it is all automatic. Not sure if you can still choose to pay the tax on your Motability car (free if a hybrid I believe), and use your exemption cert on your V8 Rangerover or Aston martin Vantage.

It is only HRM that entitles you to free car tax.Nowadays,if you have a Motability car,the tax disc is sent to you in the post,,it used to be on an exemption form but thats all changed.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.