Mackenzie Hall and Arrow Global Limited

juebags
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone help

I have received a letter this morning from Mackenzie Hall as follows

Reference ********

Client Reference *********

Pursuers : Arrow Global Limited

Original Creditor: Cyclone Asset Management Limited

Principle debt £976.19

IMPORTANT - DO NOT IGNORE

We have been instructed by our client to recover this overdue debt on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable resolution, they will not hesitate to take such further action as may be appropriate.

Payment deadline: noon, 11th December 2012

this letter has come out of the blue, the past debts i had are all status barred so can they still be pursued I have had no further debt in 10 years and my credit rating now is really good.

I have no idea who these people are and also have no idea who a) the pursuers Arrow Global Limited or b) Original Creditor Cyclone Asset Management Limited are, I have never been contacted by any of these people before and have lived at my address for 3 years.

What do I do ? do i ignore it ? over the years I have had numerous letters from Lowell Finance which I have ignored but I know all these debts are more than 6 years old, but this latest letter has come as a shock as I have never heard of any of these people. can they cause a problem with my credit scoring as it is excellent at the moment ?

Can they take me to court ? should I phone them? or email them?

I apologise if this has all been talked about on this forum already but I suffer with ill health and am dyslexic so can not sit and go through all the posts.

If you are sure this is statute barred, that is no payment made or acknowledgement in writing that its your debt and you owe it in the past six years, then you should write to MHall at their given address telling them so. Add they should now remove your details from their system and confirm, in writing, they have done so and you will not be hearing from them in future. Send it recorded.

This is a standard "hello" threat-o-gram from MH. Please read it again in the morning hopefully you will see it is all IFs BUTs and MAYBEs.

They will not know the debt is SB and will need telling.

You should send them this (adapted to suit) if you are sure you haven't paid in the last 6 years.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

I have also had exact same letter word for word, just the sum if different. I have lived at my current address for 8 yrs and not taken any credit on anything. So any debt would be over 8 yrs old and from a messy divorce.

I am worried sick what should I do, I scared to show my new husband the letter as I'm embarrassed.

Is it best to just ignore or will they knock my door.

Please any help offered would be gratefully received

Hi T2012,

Firstly, before you do anything, explain this to your husband, tell him its in the past and is Statue barred. You'll feel a whole lot better than hiding it from him.

Then send the parasite the Statue barred letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Hi Havinastella,

Will that be the end of it then, I have been a wreck since Friday. Can't eat or sleep.

I have no idea even what the debt is for. Do you know who or what is cyclone asset management.

Hi Havinastella,

Will that be the end of it then, I have been a wreck since Friday. Can't eat or sleep.

I have no idea even what the debt is for. Do you know who or what is cyclone asset management.

It's not one I've heard of. A DCA has no power over you at all, they rely on fear. You have nothing to fear, they cannot really do anything. You may find this hard to believe, but trust me, it's true.

Have a nice cuppa and get a decent nights sleep.